Out of curiosity; Owners of PSP and/or Vita, did you ever play GameBoy?

#91Lan915Posted 5/25/2013 11:37:10 PM
Obviously yes, most older generations of gamers IE, those who grew up playing Atari, SNES, PS1, etc. most likely played GameBoy games once in their lifetime.
---
"I lost but breakfast was fantastic" - Rutledge Wood
#92DrakillionPosted 5/26/2013 12:21:21 AM
I had a Game Boy Pocket. Apparently, it was one of the first ones because mine's didn't have a back light.

I also had a Game Boy Color.

I didn't really use them much. The only titles I had were Dr. Mario, Toy Story, and a bunch of *insert number* in 1 games ie, 5 in 1, 12 in 1, etc. The ones where they were all crappy and went with quantity over quality.

As a birthday present before we left for the United States, my mom bought my brother and I Game Boy SP's. Man those things were awesome! I liked the clam shell design! I loved it. I still have my games for it:

Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Ruby
Legend of Zelda ClassicNES port
Super Mario ClassicNES
Mega Man Battle Network
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania: Curse of the Moon
Super Mario Bros. 3
---
Mitsuru Kirijo voices Tara Platt.
#93TranslatorTomPosted 5/26/2013 12:55:21 AM
ZBug_ posted...
I'm just curious, if you only play PSP/Vita for your handheld fix, did you ever play any of the GameBoys before PSP came out?

I owned a gameboy and a gameboy color SP...

My favorite GB game was Final Fantasy Adventure, and my favorite GBC game was Dragon Warrior III.

Got a PSP (favorite game is Zettai Zetsumei Toshi 3).. And a Vita (favorite game is Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru)...
---
-Tom
#94TheKonamiManPosted 5/26/2013 4:29:48 AM
I still play my GB, GBA, and DS games. Will eventually get a 3DS when there are more than 2 games that interest me on it.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/TheKonamiMan/sig/Moai.jpg
|M|O|A|I| - My Anti-Drug
#95Spiffy247Posted 5/26/2013 7:14:31 AM
I have owned every gameboy except the Brick and Light.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#96marinerzzPosted 5/26/2013 8:52:11 AM
GB and GBC back when Nintendo made the best handhelds, but Sony passed them when DS and 3DS had horrible libraries and PSP and Vita don't.
#97sebastianscottPosted 5/26/2013 9:04:01 AM
My father has my original brick sized GB.
Got three GBC [One for me, my sister, and my brother]
I've had four GBA SPs. [I have no idea how these things broke / got lost on me. My final one I've had for years though, so.]
I had one, release date DS. It soon broke through my sister chucking it at the concrete as hard as possible.

Then I got this after the 3-6 years in between that.

Probably GBC/GBA games are the most plentiful in my collection, next to my 360 games. I have two tiny, on-my-desk black Drawers filled up with them.
---
For a scream, it seemed to lack a sense of urgency.
-Faize: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope http://raptr.com/badge/a98017a96295089cd5892720f081b1fe/fs.png