Planning to buy ps vita, how to transfer save file from pc to ps vita?

#11AtomrabbitPosted 5/26/2013 11:30:02 AM
Also, that save file seems to be from the North American region. I think FF9 will need to be from the NA PS Store if you want to use it.
#12easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 8:41:34 PM(edited)
Ok, i THINK i understand, and thank you for trying to dumb it down for me. I'm pretty new to all this stuff.

So you tried to convert the file for me, but it might not work cause you kind of used a different game to carry the file, but it might.

Otherwise, i'll have to use my ps3 (which is at home in another city) or get a friend to convert it for me.

Thanks so much btw, i should be getting the vita soon and i'll update whatever happens if this topic isn't deleted by then.

Edit: wait, so, this save you're trying to convert is in ps3 format. What about the other saves on that page (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197338-final-fantasy-ix/saves) dexdrive they're called. will those saves need to be converted through the ps3 as well?
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss
#13easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2013 10:08:25 PM
"The procedure would be, to adapt that save file:

1. Install FF9 on the PS Vita system
2. Play FF9 on the PS3 to generate the PS Vita virtual memory cards.
3. Connect the PS Vita to the PS3, which has had the .psv copied to it.
4. Copy the save file from the PS3 virtual memory card to the PS Vita.
5. Copy the FF9 save file from the PS Vita to the PC, and locate the save file."

So is this the steps I should take that would be 100% sure to work with the downloaded save I get on my pc to put on the vita? If so...

1) buy ps vita
2) buy ff9 on ps vita
3) play ff9 on ps3? does that mean I'll have to buy another copy? someone told me PSN games are tied to consoles. I thought I could just move the save from pc to ps3?
4) connect ps vita to ps 3
5) copy save file from ps3 to ps vita
6) i'm not sure what this step is for. if the save file is already in the ps vita, aren't I done?
---
"No amount of creativity is gonna get a Probe past a wall-in or an Observer past a Turret." ~ EGHuK
Masters Protoss
#14AtomrabbitPosted 5/26/2013 11:26:12 PM
The simplest possible way would be:

1. Find someone who has a PS3, Vita and FF9 from the PSN installed on both.
2. Get them to follow the guide that you linked earlier. The result of this is that the person will have FF9 on their Vita with virtual memory cards containing the data you want.
3. The person will then copy the save data for FF9 from their PS Vita to their PC via CMA.
4. CMA creates directories which contain backed up games and save data. The person can browse to this folder and find the subdirectory which contains the FF9 save data for Vita.
5. They'll then send this folder to you. You can then put that folder in the directory that the CMA looks in for save data on *your* PC.
6. Connect your Vita with FF9 on it to your PC and run CMA. If you select "copy from PC to Vita" and then "Savedata -> PS1", FF9 should show up as save data.

That procedure should work. I'm pretty sure there are some people on the board who have PS3, Vita and FF9.
#15easytoremember8(Topic Creator)Posted 5/28/2013 1:46:10 PM
Alright, vita has been bought, setting it up now, and I'll try to get someone to convert it. Thanks! I'll update as I move along.
---
Masters Protoss