SCEE (shahid) asks which jrpgs for the vita you want localized

#51darkphiresagePosted 6/8/2013 1:30:16 AM
Many gamers already have a backlog generations long. Still have ps1 games I haven't gotten to yet cuz. >_>

I never want for something to play....that's not really a bad thing.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#52lassics_shadowPosted 6/8/2013 1:45:14 AM
Ihavealotofspac posted...
surprised to see no one giving a **** about legend of heroes here

guess people only want jrpg ports

Which Legend of Heroes game do you mean? If you mean Sen no Kiseki, that most likely will not happen at this point.
#53IhavealotofspacPosted 6/8/2013 2:07:55 AM
lassics_shadow posted...

Which Legend of Heroes game do you mean? If you mean Sen no Kiseki, that most likely will not happen at this point.

yes, i meant trails in the flash, the one that was made for the vita

it's because it's so unlikely to happen that people have to show their support, there wouldn't be much point in telling them to bring something over that's likely to be localised
#54lassics_shadowPosted 6/8/2013 2:19:41 AM
lassics_shadow posted...

it's because it's so unlikely to happen that people have to show their support, there wouldn't be much point in telling them to bring something over that's likely to be localised

No its unlikely because localizing Sen would make little sense.The Trails series are all connected by an overall plot. As its the latest game in the series, bringing Sen over would create giant plot holes as SC, 3rd, Zero, and Ao haven't been localized yet. It would be like reading the first chapter of Fellowship of the Ring, then skipping to another chapter in Return of the King. (not the best comparison, I know.) Support SC first.
#55IhavealotofspacPosted 6/8/2013 2:28:43 AM
lassics_shadow posted...
lassics_shadow posted...

No its unlikely because localizing Sen would make little sense.The Trails series are all connected by an overall plot. As its the latest game in the series, bringing Sen over would create giant plot holes as SC, 3rd, Zero, and Ao haven't been localized yet. It would be like reading the first chapter of Fellowship of the Ring, then skipping to another chapter in Return of the King. (not the best comparison, I know.) Support SC first.

i have and look how many years it's been
#56TheBuddsPosted 6/8/2013 3:40:09 AM
GeassMaster posted...
DruidMettool posted...
GeassMaster posted...
DruidMettool posted...
GeassMaster posted...
Guys not enough people are talking about Suikoden. Come on we need a Suikoden Vita.

Considering it's SCEE, we're definitely talking about localizations of games that already exist.

http://i1.minus.com/jBbkRWRm8EsQq.png

Eh this says otherwise.

Huh, can't believe I missed that. My bad. :B

It's cool. Believe it or not, SCEE/SCEA made a team a couple of years ago of a bunch of translators and coders. They loan them out to Japanese Publishers who hold on too hard and not bother with localizing certain games. So you aren't completely wrong.

These guys also did the Soul Sacrifice translation while it was in development so they could release the game in the states faster.

Shahid is also a Third Party Relations guy for Sony, so he has some good ties in the industry. If he says something, take note. He's also a really good listener and probably the only guy that truly vocalizes that he really likes and promotes the Vita. Only good can come out of this.

...and a really fun guy to talk to. Answers pretty much anything gaming related.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#57elluinkPosted 6/8/2013 3:43:23 AM
I don't see enough Dark Cloud posts there. Come on now...
#58Ferarri619Posted 6/8/2013 3:51:12 AM
I'm lovin the support for PSO 2. Since Sega of America sucks maybe SCEE/SCEA will localize it.
---
~Nintendo 64. Get N or Get out. Coming Fall 1996~
#59GrandUltimaPosted 6/8/2013 4:05:54 AM
elluink posted...
I don't see enough Dark Cloud posts there. Come on now...

Yeah, Dark Cloud would be awesome on the Vita, also Tales of and Type-0 for me.
---
Favorite game series: Sly Cooper, Star Ocean, Ar tonelico, Final Fantasy, Spyro (original trilogy), Pokemon.
#60SpideyknightPosted 6/8/2013 5:12:15 AM
PringerX posted...
*sees people on the forum complain about ports/old games*

*clicks on link*

*sees people voting/asking for ports/old games*

*leaves*

This is exactly my thoughts on the issue. You can get NEW games localized and you guys are asking for ports of stuff that has already been translated and released here. Screw all that. Vote for Typo- 0, Valkyria Chronicles 3, and some more in the Trails of the Sky series. Anything else is just unseemly. I don't even think Mind-0 has been released in Japan yet, calm down on that. We should have a clear message here, instead it's getting muddled by people asking for ports that have already been in English.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.