What can a Vita do?

#1MeatwadMontanaPosted 6/12/2013 3:38:16 AM
Of course it can play Vita games, but what else?
Can I download any games from the other Sony systems?
I understand that it has remote play, but I don't own a PS3.
Are there any other cool features that it has?

I found a place selling used ones for $120, so it's got me interested.
#2trancejeremyPosted 6/12/2013 3:42:13 AM
It can play PS1 and PSP games if they are on PSN (and work on the Vita). If a PSP game used the face buttons for aiming, you can use the second stick to aim, which helps a lot.

In theory, if you have a PS4, you can use it like the Wii U pad. Probably. In theory that was supposed to be the case with the PS3 and PSP, but Sony couldn't bother to do it for most games, though it was enabled on hacked PS3s.
#3halfelven23Posted 6/12/2013 3:42:32 AM
whatever games listed as PSVita in PSN stores (PS1 and PSP games)
---
PSN ID: Gogunners23
#4Undrey_Posted 6/12/2013 3:45:57 AM
PS1, PSMini, PSMobile, PSP and PS4 games.

And PS3 games coming via cloud next year.
---
"Honour and death go together like hotsauce and my balls"
#5j2zon2591Posted 6/12/2013 3:55:00 AM
MeatwadMontana posted...
Of course it can play Vita games, but what else?
Can I download any games from the other Sony systems?
I understand that it has remote play, but I don't own a PS3.
Are there any other cool features that it has?

I found a place selling used ones for $120, so it's got me interested.

Youtube.

transfer data wirelessly like pictures while gaming xD

Can multi task with Web + Youtube + full game.

PS+ is a hell of a service for someone who wants to test the VITA.

Some games allow you to play your own mp3 in the background while actually playing the game.

Fast PS Store access compared to PS3 xD
#6JongJungBuPosted 6/12/2013 5:03:20 AM
As mentioned, Youtube. If you do any Youtube, I still don't see any commercials on my Vita's Youtube even after the update, unlike mobile versions. No need to click "Skip ad". So the best choice of Youtubing to me.

Multi-tasking a guide or walkthrough or FAQ such as from here on GameFAQs or on a Youtube video is nice. Not a necessity, but it's highly convenient to only need one device in front of you and not reach for a computer or laptop or your phone.

That last item j2zon2591 mentioned is so true. I always wish I could access the PS3 store's full content from my Vita and initiate a remote download from within the Vita's store to my PS3. That would be convenient. The PS3 store feels so sluggish compared to the Vita's store app.

You can also Netflix, Facebook, and Twitter with such apps on a Vita. Just about everything can do those now, but it's still worth mentioning if you use them though. The Netflix app is a little sluggish (except during videos), but does support Close Caption if you're hearing impaired or in a loud area without good headphones or otherwise need them. Facebook app isn't great either, but if you want functionality beyond the mobile Facebook site then it's useful.

Even though not every PSP game is available on the Vita's store, the number of games available is huge. If you've never played any PSP games, then you'll have a rich and huge library of games to play/buy beyond the Vita's native games. And PS1 games too.
---
PSN: Jongjungbu
#7maiden1993Posted 6/12/2013 5:08:20 AM
Disappoint.
#8Latios77Posted 6/12/2013 6:07:38 AM
Play games, Media(Photos,videos,music),Browsing,Remote Play, Social apps(twitter facebook), portable Youtube player, Skype, Messages(between vita owners)
---
What games are free where, free games where
-DemonDog666
#9Lazy JonesPosted 6/12/2013 7:41:17 AM
Mine made me a sandwich the other day, it was good. I have a few movies on there to watch as well. I know most won't but I like the flickr app too. Nice screen to show off some pictures.
---
>: |