Wow, I'll be playing FFXV and KH3 on my Vita

#41ChemicalBurritoPosted 6/13/2013 6:15:02 AM(edited)
kewldude475 posted...
I actually got a second 19" HDTV for a reason similar to this. It was pretty cheap too. Even still, I prefer handheld gaming over console gaming.

A 19" HDTV can be had for less than half the cost of a Vita - just to put numbers alongside "cheap".

That aside, though, if you're basically just using the Vita as a TV/controller for the PS4 console, how is this sort of handheld gaming any different than console gaming? Why would you prefer one over the other?
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Enjoying the summer ...
#42Phange 2Posted 6/13/2013 6:25:42 AM
Best part is that the Vita is qHD, a direct resolution step down from 1080p. The visuals will remain crisp.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#43webbc99Posted 6/13/2013 7:24:29 AM
ikaruga0101 posted...

-Did you abuse Taco Bell last night and the diarrhea kick in right in the middle of a MGSV cut-scene. Bring your Vita to the toilet.

Totally this.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Mor7al S7rike | Steam: webbc99
Playing: Soul Sacrifice, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, World of Warcraft
#44Voodoo_BluesPosted 6/13/2013 10:33:56 AM
I'm really shocked that so many people don't realize that you can remote play your PS3 RIGHT NOW with the Vita. You can turn it on and off through the Vita with a Wifi signal. I do this every day when I'm at work.

The Vita and PS4 were designed to go together like burgers and fries. Why would it work less efficiently than the Vita/PS3 connection that wasn't built for each other in the first place?
---
PSN: Melkezadek
#45jenraisPosted 6/13/2013 10:34:26 AM
Again...

Vita is now a glorified PS4 controller.
#46Voodoo_BluesPosted 6/13/2013 10:38:34 AM
^One that you can take with you anywhere you go and access entire other game libraries.
---
#47jenraisPosted 6/13/2013 10:58:30 AM
Voodoo_Blues posted...
^One that you can take with you anywhere you go and access entire other game libraries.

A portable PS4 controller, I do apologize.
#48Voodoo_BluesPosted 6/13/2013 11:06:25 AM
Even if that were true (which is really isn't despite how you might feel, there ARE games coming to the Vita and still will be) that feature alone is extremely enticing. If I didn't already own a Vita, I'd pick one up if it truly had the capability of allowing me to pretty much bring my PS4 along with me. And it all goes well the Gaikai, my PS3 games as well.

Customer who I've told this to get pretty amped at the idea. Even if you yourself don't intend on using this feature, it still has a great apeal and is an excellent addition.
---
#49jenraisPosted 6/13/2013 11:15:56 AM
Voodoo_Blues posted...
Even if that were true (which is really isn't despite how you might feel, there ARE games coming to the Vita and still will be) that feature alone is extremely enticing. If I didn't already own a Vita, I'd pick one up if it truly had the capability of allowing me to pretty much bring my PS4 along with me. And it all goes well the Gaikai, my PS3 games as well.

Customer who I've told this to get pretty amped at the idea. Even if you yourself don't intend on using this feature, it still has a great apeal and is an excellent addition.

it's a great feature. But that's literally the entire appeal to the vita right now.

they are milking the vita on software the PS4 will have... Not selling the vita by the vita's standards.
#50Phange 2Posted 6/13/2013 12:34:53 PM
Frankly, as someone who primarily plays portable games at home in bed (being married with kids means consoles are a no-no at normal times), I find the idea of playing PS4 games on my Vita far more appealing than Vita games on Vita.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange