Thinking of getting an Nvidia Shield and sell my Vita

#21enkeixpress_Posted 6/13/2013 4:28:54 PM(edited)
I'm going to be owning both.

I've had my PS Vita since launch & it's an amazing handheld. NVIDIA Shield is different.. it's an android-based gaming device.. I'll be using it to play all of the latest TEGRA optimized & other android games like Dead Trigger 1+2, CoD Black Ops Zombies, definitely can't wait for my late night sessions in bed with those three, hours of great fun :D

Both devices serve my needs in different ways, really.. & they are both worth owning.
---
*holds arms out* I have spoken.
#22XNo_FearX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2013 4:34:51 PM
enkeixpress_ posted...
I'm going to be owning both.

I've had my PS Vita since launch & it's an amazing handheld. NVIDIA Shield is different.. it's an android-based gaming device.. I'll be using it to play all of the latest TEGRA optimized & other android games like Dead Trigger 1+2, CoD Black Ops Zombies, definitely can't wait for my late night sessions in bed with those three, hours of great fun :D

Both devices serve my needs in different ways, really.. & they are both worth owning.

Has there been a released date yet?
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214
#23synthetiksinPosted 6/13/2013 4:43:02 PM
Thinking about getting one too but all the steam games I play are either multiplayer or RTS/T games, so having a gamepad would range from being awful to getting ganked hard in mp.
#24NeojianXPosted 6/14/2013 8:32:34 AM(edited)
A PSP 3001 with HDTV adapter (s-video actually works best on SD and HDTVs IMO) and my Acer Iconia 10" Tablet with a HDMI cable and a Red Samurai V2 Bluetooth Gaming controller have been fulfilling all of my Gaming needs. I have more JRPGs and Niche games than are out for all gaming consoles, the 3DS and Vita put together. All on UMD, Tegrazone and Play store apps also.
---
Hey so the guy did a 360 on the X720 thing.You mean a 180 on the X720 thing! If he did a 360 on the X720 thing,it would still be the X720!!What?Trust me. Blam!!
#25JongJungBuPosted 6/14/2013 8:44:26 AM(edited)
The Shield's selection of Steam games needs to increase significantly before I would purchase one. I already have 2 Android devices, I don't need another one to play Android games. For streaming PC games, I would. But again, the library is just too small for the investment to me right now.

It's somewhat analogous to getting a Vita for the main purpose of streaming PS3 games available right now for remote play. That's not the best reason to get it if you ask me, though it has other games to play on it natively so long as you haven't played them before or want to.
---
PSN: Jongjungbu
#26XNo_FearX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/14/2013 8:54:11 AM
now im thinking of getting an ipad mini. Kotor sounds awesome on ios
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost
FC: 1392 - 4747 - 3214
#27JP_SartrePosted 6/19/2013 6:27:34 AM
NeojianX posted...
deathslove posted...
I hope you are joking TC, you will be disappointed. Were they even at E3? I mean at least Ouya had a lemonade stand outside of it. Where was the Shield?!

Use the 660 to pre-order a PS4.

It was at E3.

I would get one, if I was not already playing Android games on HDTV wireless with my Acer Iconia and a Red Samurai V2 Bluetooth gaming controller that is like a PS3 controller with dual analog sticks also. But that Shield has a quad 4 and has Nvidia Tegra 4. A lot of upcoming games will just play on it. Love that clamshell design also.

I still might get one just for Android Gaming, but I'm keeping my Iconia Tablet. It's awesome and has a full size usb. It's like new and does not have a beta of jellybean rooted to it. That messed a lot of them up. The real reason for some having negative reviews.

All those Ipad games are showing up at the Nvidia Tegrazone and Play store now also. Some developers are not showing up making games for the 3DS and Vita are making Game apps for the Ipad and Android device.

Oh and Bladeslinger, AvsP and the Tekken Card Tournament games are a whole lot of fun. Specially on HDTV. I got all Angry Birds games free on my Android Tablet and some from the Play store free. Even Star Wars Angry Birds and the Pinball game also. Yeah! A whole lot of fun to play games for FREE. : )

My Tablet is 10 inch, so it's fun just playing those games on it also.

Which Acer tablet? I have the a200 and a110
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#28gray_fox_00Posted 6/19/2013 6:38:29 AM
XNo_FearX posted...
I'll probably just stick it out with my vita. I really want Killzone Mercenary and Batman Origins,

Can't wait for Killzone after seeing the E3 footage. I'm waiting to see more in game footage of Batman though.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#29ZamnatoPosted 6/19/2013 6:45:36 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
XNo_FearX posted...
I'll probably just stick it out with my vita. I really want Killzone Mercenary and Batman Origins,

Can't wait for Killzone after seeing the E3 footage. I'm waiting to see more in game footage of Batman though.

Me too, i want killzone mercenary now, i can't wait.