Tell me, is the vita dead or not?

#1Wip3out64Posted 6/16/2013 1:17:42 AM
I don't see many new games coming out for the thing and I'm looking for a machine that will be supported for many years. Would buying one now be stupid?
#2BuretsuPosted 6/16/2013 1:22:41 AM
It's not looking good at all...
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#3Wip3out64(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 1:31:41 AM
Can you tell me more than that?
#4sentoworfPosted 6/16/2013 1:36:49 AM
It's looks like Sony is turning it into a PS4 accessory.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#5trancejeremyPosted 6/16/2013 1:50:27 AM
I would say it's mostly dead.

3rd party support isn't hot, we're not even getting Madden this year. But if you like years old indie games that you can get on the PC for a buck or two, and are willing to pay $10-15 for them on the Vita, well, you're in good shape.

It's got at least one AAA first party game from Sony, Killzone. But after that, who knows?
#6VampireRoninPosted 6/16/2013 1:50:42 AM
Try looking at the list of releases coming within the next 6 months, and then look at the games that are currently available, and then ask yourself if the cost of the Vita hardware is enough to justify you purchasing it to play those games. It's not that ****ing hard to make a decision on your own, you know.
---
Nintendo FC: 3265 5103 7933 | PSN: mmBushido
"It's time to fry, yeah, FRY baby!" http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k261/memjr/purge.jpg
#7strawberry11Posted 6/16/2013 2:12:55 AM
The thing is, a huge factor for Vita will be that it will be able to play every PS4 game (except those that use the PS Eye camera) remotely on Vita

I think this will be a great feature. We have just 1 tv in our house, so having an additional screen for my gaming will be fantastic.

Now, if enough people feel the same, then this could be a huge shot in the arm for the Vita.

On the other hand, you can see it meaning the end of multi-plat releases for the Vita. Why would you buy Fifa for the Vita if you can play the PS4 version anyways on the device?

I guess a lot will depend on how well this feature actually runs, which we will see then PS4 comes out
#8Wip3out64(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 2:15:11 AM
No need to get upset Vampire I know I'm interested in about 3 or 4 games already just wanted to get you gamefaq peoples opinion.
#9BeardedXBatmanPosted 6/16/2013 2:23:00 AM
I'd say its down but not out. It's been struggling against the 3ds and mobile/tablet gaming and is in dire need of a system selling game. Don't get me wrong, there are great games on the vita and personally I LOVE mine (so much so that I game my 3ds to a friend because it just felt so outclassed by the vita) but when you look at Sonys plans for it, you really can't count it out yet. They're saying that every ps4 titles will have remote play capabilities and some of the things they are talking about doing between the ps4 and the psv sound amazing. I also expect that the vita will see a price drop before or around the time the ps4 launches, so I think that will boost sales exponentially. Also, keep I mind that the vita is doing well in Japan. It's just in NA that its struggling. For real though, myself and envy one I know who owns one are extremely satisfied with it and my friends no don't have one say the only thing holding them back from buying one is the price. So I think this time next year it will be doing well.
---
XB Gamertag - BeardedXBatman
PSN ID - BeardedXBatman
#10lassics_shadowPosted 6/16/2013 2:25:29 AM
Its not dead, its just resting.