Tell me, is the vita dead or not?

#31StrikeNinja24Posted 6/16/2013 8:28:55 AM
TranslatorTom posted...
Shadowfxd2 posted...
TranslatorTom posted...
Much like the PSP, the Vita will be called "dead" for most of its lifespan. Even several years from now, people will be talking about how such-and-such a game will be "the Vita's last big release." They will repeat that from year to year, until it eventually comes true, about eight years from now.

The psp had games and better sales though.

People will be saying that next year, too. And the year after that, and the year after that.

But the Vita will still be around regardless.

I saw a few PSPGos in Gamestop yesterday.

It's kind of a hard thing to get rid of hardware that nobody wants.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#32GLDanzegoPosted 6/16/2013 8:34:10 AM
strawberry11 posted...
The thing is, a huge factor for Vita will be that it will be able to play every PS4 game (except those that use the PS Eye camera) remotely on Vita

I think this will be a great feature. We have just 1 tv in our house, so having an additional screen for my gaming will be fantastic.

Now, if enough people feel the same, then this could be a huge shot in the arm for the Vita.

On the other hand, you can see it meaning the end of multi-plat releases for the Vita. Why would you buy Fifa for the Vita if you can play the PS4 version anyways on the device?

I guess a lot will depend on how well this feature actually runs, which we will see then PS4 comes out

People won't even pay money for it as a stand alone gaming system. They're not going to suddenly start buying it as a very overpriced off screen controller. XD
#33LORD_LMAOPosted 6/16/2013 11:04:10 AM
GLDanzego posted...
strawberry11 posted...
The thing is, a huge factor for Vita will be that it will be able to play every PS4 game (except those that use the PS Eye camera) remotely on Vita

I think this will be a great feature. We have just 1 tv in our house, so having an additional screen for my gaming will be fantastic.

Now, if enough people feel the same, then this could be a huge shot in the arm for the Vita.

On the other hand, you can see it meaning the end of multi-plat releases for the Vita. Why would you buy Fifa for the Vita if you can play the PS4 version anyways on the device?

I guess a lot will depend on how well this feature actually runs, which we will see then PS4 comes out

People won't even pay money for it as a stand alone gaming system. They're not going to suddenly start buying it as a very overpriced off screen controller. XD

Also, not every vita owner will have a ps4 to take advantage of those games. They really should consider beginning to start making vita games this year, or within the next five years at least
---
"garfield64 has long beautiful hair that any sane woman would kill to have"
#34TranslatorTomPosted 6/17/2013 5:54:03 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...

Yeah. It's a good thing I have a regular PSP, and I live in Japan. PSP games still top the charts here... But go ahead and keep saying that the PSP is dead. Maybe you'll be right in a couple of years or so.

It's going to take a while longer with the Vita, but I'm sure you won't let that phase you.
---
-Tom
#35PolarbaggiPosted 6/17/2013 6:02:14 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
I just checked mine and mine is alive and kicking. If you find a dead one, you should charge it and you will be right.

Ha, the ps vita just NEEDS A BETTER PRICE!
---
Yeah,I can let myself be angry over wasted time. But that would just be even more time wasted.
#36PolarbaggiPosted 6/17/2013 6:05:21 AM
LORD_LMAO posted...
GLDanzego posted...
strawberry11 posted...

Also, not every vita owner will have a ps4 to take advantage of those games. They really should consider beginning to start making vita games this year, or within the next five years at least

I might be one of the only ps vita owners who does not have a ps3,psp, or is getting a ps4.
I bought the ps vita for ~ps vita games- D*****!!!, AND That is what I am getting!!!
---
Yeah,I can let myself be angry over wasted time. But that would just be even more time wasted.
#37LORD_LMAOPosted 6/18/2013 11:37:53 AM
yeah its doing horribly everywhere, probly even africa

hope this helps
#38CompassPosted 6/18/2013 11:42:54 AM
Polarbaggi posted...
LORD_LMAO posted...
GLDanzego posted...
strawberry11 posted...

I might be one of the only ps vita owners who does not have a ps3,psp, or is getting a ps4.
I bought the ps vita for ~ps vita games- D*****!!!, AND That is what I am getting!!!

I guess... if you can call old indie and cell phone games "Vita games"...
#39SagadegoPosted 6/18/2013 11:45:10 AM
TranslatorTom posted...
StrikeNinja24 posted...

Yeah. It's a good thing I have a regular PSP, and I live in Japan. PSP games still top the charts here... But go ahead and keep saying that the PSP is dead. Maybe you'll be right in a couple of years or so.

It's going to take a while longer with the Vita, but I'm sure you won't let that phase you.

oh lucky you, here in the us it's dead, sadly.
---
Now Playing:
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D/Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3ds) Sengoku Basara 3(us ver,) (Ps3) Dynasty Warriors 7(ps3) Xenoblade(wii)
#40ChemicalBurritoPosted 6/18/2013 11:54:11 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...

People actually want the PSP Go now. Unless Gamestop's upped the price recently, you could make some easy money buying a usef PSP Go at Gamestop and putting it on Ebay.
---
My game collection: http://chemicalburrito.com
Now: Enjoying the summer ...