Anyone replayed Gravity Rush?

#1mangarooPosted 6/16/2013 6:46:29 PM
I've been taking my time with it and coming back to it every now and then and I just realised how Sony have really out-done themselves with this game. What a brilliant take on platforming, adventure and RPG.

I was wondering if any of you here have played it through more than once already? Was it still enjoyable to do so and do you plan to again in the future? I love exploring the world and how they place new gems to collect after doing major story parts.

I know not everyone can appreciate the fun of the gravity but as a fan of wipeout and prey, it's right down my alley and the best thing someone could do with a platformer. Hopefully we'll see GR2 announced at TGS as well.
#2mangaroo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 6:54:22 PM
Also a tip if you want to go sight-seeing, you can fly in first person (and change direction) just press up on the d-pad before or mid-flight to goggle. You can look around while flying in a different direction. Makes you feel like superman especially when you have quite a lot of guage.
#3bulletproofvitaPosted 6/16/2013 6:57:41 PM
Couldnt finish it the first time....
---
PSN: bulletproofvita
#4jazzlover511Posted 6/16/2013 6:59:15 PM
I haven't started this game again, but i've been flying around the city, walking around, just to explore the city. I like doing that, especially because of the music in each part of the city. Auldnoir and Vendecentre's themes are the best! I really love this game!
---
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress,my God, in whom I trust.
#5wstfldPosted 6/16/2013 7:02:36 PM
Couldnt finish it the first time....

---
Last Played: Mortal Kombat (Vita) (8.5/10)
Now Playing: StarCraft 2, Vanquish, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, The Last of Us
#6Bancario51Posted 6/16/2013 7:06:41 PM
ew why?
---
#XboxWon (not changing this till its truth)
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#7RjmhartPosted 6/16/2013 7:08:19 PM
Bought it today. Probably wouldn't have otherwise, but I've seen it talked up on here.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#8DalekZeroPosted 6/16/2013 7:09:34 PM
mangaroo posted...
I've been taking my time with it and coming back to it every now and then and I just realised how Sony have really out-done themselves with this game. What a brilliant take on platforming, adventure and RPG.

I was wondering if any of you here have played it through more than once already? Was it still enjoyable to do so and do you plan to again in the future? I love exploring the world and how they place new gems to collect after doing major story parts.

I know not everyone can appreciate the fun of the gravity but as a fan of wipeout and prey, it's right down my alley and the best thing someone could do with a platformer. Hopefully we'll see GR2 announced at TGS as well.

I personally found it really boring. The "RPG" elements just mean you flew around at random and collected crystals to upgrade abilities. which wouldn't be too bad if there weren't so few attacks worth a damn in this game. Seriously, combat ended up being, "fly in air. Air kick. hope you don't miss. Use your special. Keep airkicking while you wait for your special to recharge". And with some enemies (those f***ing swordfish things that went right at you), aiming was more difficult than it had to be. And the world was nice for what it was, I just felt I never had any motivation to talk to anyone. The world felt really empty. Just the level on the Citadel in Mass Effect 1 felt more real and full then this entire game with regards to characters. And outside of the the short, boring story levels, the only things you could do were timed challenges which got boring after a while. The gravity mechanic was cool too, until I realized that there wasn't much you could do with it beyond just flying around. It felt more like a novelty (albeit a really cool novelty) then a useful mechanic.

TL:DR, the game sets a good base, but has too many flaws for me to consider it good. It keeps falling short of what it seemingly sets out to do.
---
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity
- George Carlin (1937-2008)
#9jjeerryyonly9Posted 6/16/2013 7:10:12 PM
mangaroo posted...
Also a tip if you want to go sight-seeing, you can fly in first person (and change direction) just press up on the d-pad before or mid-flight to goggle. You can look around while flying in a different direction. Makes you feel like superman especially when you have quite a lot of guage.

I've replayed the game and somehow I'd no damn idea about this. Did I just lose my gamer card?
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
PSN: RadKickAss /// 3DS: 0662-2594-4115
#10mangaroo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2013 7:16:29 PM
DalekZero posted...
mangaroo posted...

I personally found it really boring. The "RPG" elements just mean you flew around at random and collected crystals to upgrade abilities. which wouldn't be too bad if there weren't so few attacks worth a damn in this game. Seriously, combat ended up being, "fly in air. Air kick. hope you don't miss. Use your special. Keep airkicking while you wait for your special to recharge". And with some enemies (those f***ing swordfish things that went right at you), aiming was more difficult than it had to be. And the world was nice for what it was, I just felt I never had any motivation to talk to anyone. The world felt really empty. Just the level on the Citadel in Mass Effect 1 felt more real and full then this entire game with regards to characters. And outside of the the short, boring story levels, the only things you could do were timed challenges which got boring after a while. The gravity mechanic was cool too, until I realized that there wasn't much you could do with it beyond just flying around. It felt more like a novelty (albeit a really cool novelty) then a useful mechanic.

TL:DR, the game sets a good base, but has too many flaws for me to consider it good. It keeps falling short of what it seemingly sets out to do.

I read it, I can understand feeling like that if you weren't into the stories and you could have definitely used more combat moves while flying, absolutely. Hopefully GR2 expands on that, but they tie in so many things together! The world starts off looking small and simple but it changes as the story progresses and there is a lot of mystery and interest if you do actually talk to people. The cat helps but yeah for the most part you are a stranger in the city.

Honestly I recommend people to give it another play if you haven't finished it.