Still worth buying?

#1Bac0n01Posted 6/19/2013 5:45:03 PM
I was thinking of picking up a vita tomorrow. Is it worth it? What are the best games? I was going to pick up uncharted, little big planet and sly cooper. Any other recommendations? Also, how are gamestops refurbished consoles? That is the cheapest one immediately available. Thanks!
---
Fact: Babylon 5 is the greatest tv show ever created by anyone, ever.
#2Phil_E_BluntPosted 6/19/2013 5:58:19 PM(edited)
If you're aiming to get a cheaper console, consider saving for a new one. Also, by a warranty. There will be new bundles with games coming soon. Patience is a good thing. Holiday season will be you're best bet. Amazon black Friday.
I am sure a ton of people will recommend you some games. But try some demos first. That you can do at lamestop....don't give them any money for their stuff...it's a SIN!
---
"He is a Belmont..I will not suffer that bloodline any longer!"
#3mangarooPosted 6/19/2013 5:56:30 PM
Those games will be decent, yep demos :)

Lots of good games, have a search, you should find lots of recommendation threads.

Digital game to must buy - guacamelee
#4Bac0n01(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 6:08:23 PM
Phil_E_Blunt posted...
If you're aiming to get a cheaper console, consider saving for a new one. Also, by a warranty. There will be new bundles with games coming soon. Patience is a good thing. Holiday season will be you're best bet. Amazon black Friday.
I am sure a ton of people will recommend you some games. But try some demos first. That you can do at lamestop....don't give them any money for their stuff...it's a SIN!

I am impatient... I have a lot of free time.... And I already have 4 ps4's preordered... Wanted to make sure I could get one.
---
#5Bac0n01(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 6:11:56 PM
Also, thoughts on refurb vs new? I would prefer refurb to give me more money for games, but if they are in crappy condition I will go new.
---
#6maiden1993Posted 6/19/2013 6:21:02 PM
I would say no.

Most of it's best games can also be found on the PS3 (ans most look better there), it's exclusives are nothing to write home about, and the future of the system is looking pretty bleak overall.

If you are constantly busy, travel a lot or ABSOLUTELY need a portable system then I would say...you're better off buying a 3DS.

I own both systems, and I honestly can't find any reason to choose the Vita over the 3DS.
#7Bac0n01(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2013 6:24:57 PM
maiden1993 posted...
I would say no.

Most of it's best games can also be found on the PS3 (ans most look better there), it's exclusives are nothing to write home about, and the future of the system is looking pretty bleak overall.

If you are constantly busy, travel a lot or ABSOLUTELY need a portable system then I would say...you're better off buying a 3DS.

I own both systems, and I honestly can't find any reason to choose the Vita over the 3DS.

Already have a 3ds, have finished all the games I care to play on it.
---
#8mangarooPosted 6/19/2013 6:28:03 PM
maiden1993 posted...
I would say no.

If you absolutely need a portable system you get a Vita for the best experiences. Especially if you aren't playing your PS3 much.

Most people don't need it. They probably sure as hell would love the luxury of it though.

3DS is good if you REALLY want mario or some psp level jrpgs imho.
#9maiden1993Posted 6/19/2013 6:36:10 PM
Bac0n01 posted...
maiden1993 posted...
I would say no.

Already have a 3ds, have finished all the games I care to play on it.

Then, if you know full well what you're getting into, go for it.
#10siberian142Posted 6/19/2013 6:59:20 PM(edited)
mangaroo posted...
maiden1993 posted...
I would say no.

If you absolutely need a portable system you get a Vita for the best experiences. Especially if you aren't playing your PS3 much.

Most people don't need it. They probably sure as hell would love the luxury of it though.

3DS is good if you REALLY want mario or some psp level jrpgs imho.

You sound bitter towards the 3DS because there's plenty of good games on it. Good library and plenty of good JRPGs.

Vita has a good library too, but it's not as stable at the moment. I love mine but if you can't find a bunch of games that interests you, I'd wait until the support picks up for it.

If you do get one, buy a year of PS+. North America gets the following for "free":
- Gravity Rush
- God Eaters Burst
- BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
- Uncharted Golden Abyss
- wipEout 2048
- Germinator
- LittleBigPlanet Karting

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward is being added later this month, too. You also get some PS3 games for free, in addition to some other perks (http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/).

Besides those, lots of good PS1 games and PSP games you can pick up that are available on the Vita, with some exceptions.