Still worth buying?

#31Rahnyc4Posted 6/20/2013 12:22:29 AM
mangaroo posted...
maiden1993 posted...
I would say no.

Most of it's best games can also be found on the PS3 (ans most look better there), it's exclusives are nothing to write home about, and the future of the system is looking pretty bleak overall.

If you are constantly busy, travel a lot or ABSOLUTELY need a portable system then I would say...you're better off buying a 3DS.

I own both systems, and I honestly can't find any reason to choose the Vita over the 3DS.

If you absolutely need a portable system you get a Vita for the best experiences. Especially if you aren't playing your PS3 much.

Most people don't need it. They probably sure as hell would love the luxury of it though.

3DS is good if you REALLY want mario or some psp level jrpgs imho.

cause theres more to 3ds than just mario games.
#32jmtstanPosted 6/20/2013 12:54:56 AM
although some games are ported from PS3, but they are portable, Try some demo first, youtube is your friend, you can view gameplay videos of games that caught your attention. Since you've preordered PS4, might as well get the PS+, it will add more value if you own a Vita, coz those free games they give every month consist of PS3, Vita, Minis & PSP games.
---
New Vita owner!!!
PSN: jmtstan79
#33mangarooPosted 6/20/2013 5:15:06 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
As a launch day owner and owner of almost every notable release for the vita, I'd say no. Buy a ps3 or ps4, the games on vita are all mediocre.

Despite occasional posts not being as obvious trolls, you'd be better off ignoring everything this guy says in these boards TC, (everyone here would).

Rahnyc4 posted...
mangaroo posted...
maiden1993 posted...
I would say no.

Most of it's best games can also be found on the PS3 (ans most look better there), it's exclusives are nothing to write home about, and the future of the system is looking pretty bleak overall.

If you are constantly busy, travel a lot or ABSOLUTELY need a portable system then I would say...you're better off buying a 3DS.

I own both systems, and I honestly can't find any reason to choose the Vita over the 3DS.

If you absolutely need a portable system you get a Vita for the best experiences. Especially if you aren't playing your PS3 much.

Most people don't need it. They probably sure as hell would love the luxury of it though.

3DS is good if you REALLY want mario or some psp level jrpgs imho.

cause theres more to 3ds than just mario games.

But there is no reason to own a Vita over a 3DS like the person I quoted says? Nice to see so many 3DS fans in this board doing damage control.
#34Bac0n01(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 5:43:22 AM
I have don't have plus, but I will buy it, as I'm going to need it for ps4. Should I buy the ps+ bundle for 300, refurb for 210 or new for 250? If I buy new, is there any reason not to get the black ops bundle? I have heard the game sucks, but its the same price and I can at least trade it in for some credit to put towards other games.
---
Fact: Babylon 5 is the greatest tv show ever created by anyone, ever.
#35Suppaman234Posted 6/20/2013 5:49:37 AM
MGS HD
Uncharted
Assasin's Creed
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
If you're into PSP games MGS: Peace Walker.
#36WrestlinFanPosted 6/20/2013 5:58:43 AM(edited)
Bac0n01 posted...
I have don't have plus, but I will buy it, as I'm going to need it for ps4. Should I buy the ps+ bundle for 300, refurb for 210 or new for 250? If I buy new, is there any reason not to get the black ops bundle? I have heard the game sucks, but its the same price and I can at least trade it in for some credit to put towards other games.

Def go for the BO bundle. It's a much better value. Also search around eBay for deals and auctions, if you're lucky, you can find one crazy cheap. I got mine in good condition, charger, carrying case, and Mortal Kombat with case for 140$ w/ free shipping. It was the 3G model too.
---
I was in heaven. I was in hell. Believe in neither but fear them as well.
#37PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 6/20/2013 6:00:07 AM
Spiffy247 posted...
Compass posted...
And it definitely shouldn't be about spending $250 + insanely gougey memory card prices to play ports of old indie and cell phone games.

Yeah, mangy is crazy bitter over the 3DS's strong library. You can feel it in many of his posts. Radiating.

I agree the 3DS has good games, but Compass just sticks around and complains about the Vita's library.

This. Same exact "ports and indies" argument every time. One trick pony.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#38PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 6/20/2013 6:01:21 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
As a launch day owner and owner of almost every notable release for the vita, I'd say no. Buy a ps3 or ps4, the games on vita are all mediocre.

So says Shadow!
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#39CompassPosted 6/20/2013 7:58:45 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Spiffy247 posted...
Compass posted...
And it definitely shouldn't be about spending $250 + insanely gougey memory card prices to play ports of old indie and cell phone games.

Yeah, mangy is crazy bitter over the 3DS's strong library. You can feel it in many of his posts. Radiating.

I agree the 3DS has good games, but Compass just sticks around and complains about the Vita's library.

It's less an argument, more the stating of unfortunate reality. I apologize if this causes you to hyperventilate. It was not my intention.
#40Spiffy247Posted 6/20/2013 8:00:38 AM
Compass posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Spiffy247 posted...
Compass posted...

It's less an argument, more the stating of unfortunate reality. I apologize if this causes you to hyperventilate. It was not my intention.

Yet again mixing up opinion and fact.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.