question about persona 2

#1iamthe1nePosted 6/20/2013 12:42:24 AM
i could play both Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment on my vita but is EP requisite to understand the story? ive read somewhere that EP is in a parrallel timeline of IS, so that means Innocent SIn is the canon story?
---
I5 3570k @4.5ghz GTX 680
#2masked_yazooPosted 6/20/2013 1:45:55 AM
Yes IS canon since there are things that happened in IS that leads to EP.
---
"Remember, kids...Chu-Chu died for your sins!"
#3Dragard_KaosPosted 6/20/2013 2:15:58 AM
Both are "canon." The events of Innocent Sin do lead into Eternal Punishment. Just play Innocent Sin then Eternal Punishment to get the best out of the story. Well, you should also play Persona 1 since some of the characters come back and are a part of the story.
---
The official Seiten Taisei of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Boards.
http://www.backloggery.com/dragard
#4DalekZeroPosted 6/20/2013 4:29:47 AM
Dragard_Kaos posted...
Both are "canon." The events of Innocent Sin do lead into Eternal Punishment. Just play Innocent Sin then Eternal Punishment to get the best out of the story. Well, you should also play Persona 1 since some of the characters come back and are a part of the story.

This. Essentially 1, IS and EP make up the true "persona" trilogy. Persona 3 and 4 are amazing, but they're not at all related to the first 3, so they might as well be a different series.
---
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity
- George Carlin (1937-2008)
#5ServantOfErieosPosted 6/20/2013 4:34:01 AM
DalekZero posted...
Dragard_Kaos posted...

This. Essentially 1, IS and EP make up the true "persona" trilogy. Persona 3 and 4 are amazing, but they're not at all related to the first 3, so they might as well be a different series.

lol
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#6DalekZeroPosted 6/20/2013 4:58:32 AM(edited)
ServantOfErieos posted...
DalekZero posted...
Dragard_Kaos posted...

lol

It's true though. It's gameplay style is so wildly different than the first 3, and the story is not at all related to them. Again, I loved the last two. Persona 3 is my favorite game. But it MIGHT AS WELL BE <---(do you know what that means?) a different series.
---
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity
- George Carlin (1937-2008)