Jak & Daxter collection 9/10

#1skyrimer3dPosted 6/20/2013 7:31:02 PM
http://thevitalounge.com/review/the-jak-daxter-trilogy/
#2Lord_VishanaPosted 6/20/2013 7:38:25 PM
I was very interested in this game, until I saw the reviews/feedback. The vast majority of reviews and initial impressions indicate that this isn't a well designed port. While I sincerely hope that a future patch resolves these issues, in it's current state there's no way this game deserves a 9/10.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png ~~ Hillary Clinton/Elizabeth Warren 2016 ~~ 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#3gamemaster712Posted 6/20/2013 7:40:06 PM
Apparently there's not enough argument on a lazy port... Oh well, I still want it...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#4lunchEATSyouPosted 6/20/2013 7:57:22 PM(edited)
I'm waiting to see what IGN Italia gives it. I base all of my purchases solely on what scores they give.
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#5alexg1989Posted 6/20/2013 7:46:46 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
I was very interested in this game, until I saw the reviews/feedback. The vast majority of reviews and initial impressions indicate that this isn't a well designed port. While I sincerely hope that a future patch resolves these issues, in it's current state there's no way this game deserves a 9/10.

the vast majority of reviewers seem to be nitpicking slight gripes...

Some people name already known issues that were apparent in the PS3/PS2 versions as faults only in the Vita version...

Jak1 is said to be the worst of the 3, but to me it runs at a steady FPS that is enjoyable...

honestly, the criticisms are just really overblown... Its like people just want Vita games to fail...

Not at 60FPS? then its a complete and total irreversible fail, chalk it up as another fail for the fail vita system that's a fail. fail fail fail....... fail
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#6stargazer64Posted 6/20/2013 7:56:13 PM
IGN Budapest gave it two head-tilts out of two.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-x95qizNeTgQ/T51WgCSbPbI/AAAAAAAAALA/Xe55xNCADss/s1600/budapest+and+easter+158.JPG
---
"gahh i cant post and hurt somebody but im not trying to." - donkeycoot233 unintentionally hurting feelings
#7Lord_VishanaPosted 6/20/2013 7:58:21 PM
alexg1989 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

Some people name already known issues that were apparent in the PS3/PS2 versions as faults only in the Vita version...

Jak1 is said to be the worst of the 3, but to me it runs at a steady FPS that is enjoyable...

honestly, the criticisms are just really overblown... Its like people just want Vita games to fail...

Not at 60FPS? then its a complete and total irreversible fail, chalk it up as another fail for the fail vita system that's a fail. fail fail fail....... fail

I'm honestly not saying that at all. Frame Rate is important, but it doesn't have to be 60 frames per second. If issues were prevalent in the PS2 versions or the PS3 collection, then those issues should have been rectified in the Vita version. You know I'd never want any Vita game to fail. It just feels like this was an extremely quick port that they didn't put much effort into.

I'm sure the games themselves are great. I'll probably get it when(or if) it's patched or when it's cheaper.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png ~~ Hillary Clinton/Elizabeth Warren 2016 ~~ 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#8alexg1989Posted 6/20/2013 8:11:32 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
alexg1989 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

I'm honestly not saying that at all. Frame Rate is important, but it doesn't have to be 60 frames per second. If issues were prevalent in the PS2 versions or the PS3 collection, then those issues should have been rectified in the Vita version. You know I'd never want any Vita game to fail. It just feels like this was an extremely quick port that they didn't put much effort into.

I'm sure the games themselves are great. I'll probably get it when(or if) it's patched or when it's cheaper.

From your first post in this topic, I could tell that you obviously hadn't played it. So while my comment was in reply to you, I wasn't actually directing that criticism to you... just at the reviewers you referenced as reasons for why you weren't interested in it anymore. Sorry if I seemed like a jerk
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#9Lord_VishanaPosted 6/20/2013 8:14:22 PM
alexg1989 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
alexg1989 posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

From your first post in this topic, I could tell that you obviously hadn't played it. So while my comment was in reply to you, I wasn't actually directing that criticism to you... just at the reviewers you referenced as reasons for why you weren't interested in it anymore. Sorry if I seemed like a jerk

No worries, you didn't come off as a jerk either. I haven't played the console games, but I have Daxter on the PSP which I love. :-)
---
#10mike_411Posted 6/20/2013 8:14:43 PM
stargazer64 posted...
IGN Budapest gave it two head-tilts out of two.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-x95qizNeTgQ/T51WgCSbPbI/AAAAAAAAALA/Xe55xNCADss/s1600/budapest+and+easter+158.JPG

Who's gonna argue with this?
---
I fought the law and the law one!