Why can't Devs from Japan release their games with English on the PSN store ?

#1BruceLee1974Posted 6/20/2013 10:13:33 PM
I asked this a while ago, why can't japanese developers just put English Subtitles in all their games and some people said that it costs to much to distribute the game worldwide and get make it for all regions.

But if they spent a bit more time to get the English subtitles in the game (since the Vita is region Free anyway) and just release it digitally. It would save them money for the discs and packaging and what ever other costs and just let people from all around the world buy it digitally then.
#2ZangetsugaPosted 6/20/2013 10:16:53 PM
That'll be more work for them to do, plus, you get those people who cries about digital only.
---
There's no "I" in "TEAM," but there's an "I" in "WIN."
3DS FC - 4554-0129-0757 - Coda PSN - twilight_getsuga
#3MercurysMessagePosted 6/20/2013 10:24:02 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
I asked this a while ago, why can't japanese developers just put English Subtitles in all their games and some people said that it costs to much to distribute the game worldwide and get make it for all regions.

But if they spent a bit more time to get the English subtitles in the game (since the Vita is region Free anyway) and just release it digitally. It would save them money for the discs and packaging and what ever other costs and just let people from all around the world buy it digitally then.

Because they only bother releasing the games outside of Japan if they think they'll make a profit. You can ship dokuro grok Japan and it has language options.
---
PS3/Vita: MercurysMessage
Praise the sun!
#4trancejeremyPosted 6/20/2013 10:27:31 PM
Er, they can. They just don't want to, for whatever reason. Presumably they feel that it's not worth their time and money to.

I mean, look at how many PS1 (and PSP) games there are that aren't up on PSN. They don't have to do anything except tell Sony to put it up.
#5BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 10:29:16 PM
Zangetsuga posted...
That'll be more work for them to do, plus, you get those people who cries about digital only.

I don't like Digital only, but it will save them a heap of money, they can trial it out on a few games to see if it sells well and if it does, then make the retail copies :)

Least they can spread the game to as many regions as possible like this and get as many sales as possible, with just adding subtitles.
#6bigboyrfPosted 6/20/2013 10:29:21 PM
Because language is not the only barrier that determines when games get localized. They also need to get permission from copywrite/ trademarks owners for each respected country. Just because something has been given the okay for use in one country does not mean it applies to all countries.
---
How hilarious .You just set off my trap card . Your death approaches.
Playing: BL2(pc), bioshock(pc), soul sacrifice,ff7, jak HD (vita)
#7SazukeEXPosted 6/20/2013 10:29:29 PM
Because... They don't see any profit in it. They underestimate that there are many here that wouldn't mind at least a PSN-Only Download with English Subs only with Japanese Voices. PS3 suffered from this too.
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#8BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2013 11:00:05 PM
We just need one company with the BALLS to release one good Japanese game like this and they could tell how good or bad it will do.

Seems like Vita is getting a lot of these Digital games so it might be the best way for Japanese Devs to at least give it a go.
#9SpotlessedenPosted 6/20/2013 11:09:21 PM
someone with ball to release Japanese game and with just Japanese(yeah, no English) on US PSN.
#10FindmeElseweyrPosted 6/20/2013 11:10:26 PM
BruceLee1974 posted...
We just need one company with the BALLS to release one good Japanese game like this and they could tell how good or bad it will do.

Seems like Vita is getting a lot of these Digital games so it might be the best way for Japanese Devs to at least give it a go.

NIS, Atlus, XSeed.

Niche is niche.
---
Mee wurst troll evurr nobuddy pay brijj tole me nott sceary enuf