Has Sony mentioned anything about adding PS2 games to the Playstation Store?

#1GuitarJozzPosted 6/22/2013 3:24:52 PM
I think it would be awesome if Playstation 2 games were added to the PS Store.

Has Sony ever mentioned anything about doing this? Or no?
#2WrestlinFanPosted 6/22/2013 3:28:17 PM
Well I believe PS2 games are emulated on the PS3. I don't think the Vita could handle that, so they'd have to port them. That'd probably be to much effort than it's worth.
---
I was in heaven. I was in hell. Believe in neither but fear them as well.
#3Phil_E_BluntPosted 6/22/2013 3:30:49 PM
No. What they did say was upon launch of Gaikai, gamers will have access to a full library of games on Vita PS3/4. I believe that to be PS 1/2..some PS3 & PSP perhaps. For a fee of course ~,~
---
"He is a Belmont..I will not suffer that bloodline any longer!"
#4bassyuraPosted 6/22/2013 3:32:57 PM
PS2 games WERE emulated on the PS3. That feature was removed long ago. Now games have to be ported, which is better overall if they are optimized.

Which means more production and resources. I'm not paying $20 dollars for a game I already played.
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!
#5OtakuD50Posted 6/22/2013 3:40:19 PM
bassyura posted...
PS2 games WERE emulated on the PS3. That feature was removed long ago. Now games have to be ported, which is better overall if they are optimized.

Which means more production and resources. I'm not paying $20 dollars for a game I already played.

We're talking about PS2 Classics, yo.
---
Natsume (4th): Lv.99 1000 Affection 23:05:36 1038000GP
"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!
#6trancejeremyPosted 6/22/2013 5:05:11 PM
The Vita can barely run PS2 ports for some reason (yes, never mind that the PSP got a lot of them), I don't think it can emulate the PS2.

I think the Vita just isn't nearly as powerful as advertised. It's like a PSP 1.5
#7jjeerryyonly9Posted 6/22/2013 5:25:07 PM
trancejeremy posted...
The Vita can barely run PS2 ports for some reason (yes, never mind that the PSP got a lot of them), I don't think it can emulate the PS2.

I think the Vita just isn't nearly as powerful as advertised. It's like a PSP 1.5

Uh, the Vita runs MGS2/MGS3 HD flawlessly, hoss.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
PSN: RadKickAss /// 3DS: 0662-2594-4115
#8psvitantifailPosted 6/22/2013 6:36:24 PM
jjeerryyonly9 posted...
trancejeremy posted...

And look at Killzone mercenary in youtube it look like a ps3 game real and they a used a PlayStation 3 engine on the vita so ya..
#9jjeerryyonly9Posted 6/22/2013 6:46:34 PM
psvitantifail posted...
jjeerryyonly9 posted...
trancejeremy posted...

And look at Killzone mercenary in youtube it look like a ps3 game real and they a used a PlayStation 3 engine on the vita so ya..

Game looks incredible. On that note, if you've a flux capacitor I can borrow, I can be playing it by tomorrow. Food for thought.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
PSN: RadKickAss /// 3DS: 0662-2594-4115