Sony on Vita, "it's a PS4 in your pocket" Article Inside.

#1DalekZeroPosted 6/24/2013 8:31:03 AM(edited)
Not sure if this was posted yet.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/06/24/fergal-gara-on-ps-vita-its-a-ps4-in-your-pocket-gamers-will-tell-us-how-itll-evolve-by-how-they-use-the-device/

It seems to me like this is a lazy-ass way of saying that the reason game support is so low is because they intend to just make the vita a companion device. I say this because,

"One potential issue that raises is what will happen to the Vita if it increasingly becomes seen as a remote terminal for the PS4, rather than a console in it’s own right? Gara admits that’s a “good question” but states, “Certainly for the foreseeable [future] we intend to continue developing – our publishing partners will continue to develop – Vita experiences that are standalone”. However, what could happen is by no means fixed. “How will that evolve? I don’t know”, says Gara. “I think gamers will tell us how that will evolve [by] how they use the device in the future”."

I know there are positives to remote play (and I'll certainly be using it when I get my PS4), but I bought a HANDHELD CONSOLE, not a controller.
---
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity
- George Carlin (1937-2008)
#2Lord_VishanaPosted 6/24/2013 8:37:14 AM
Ever since rumours of PS4/Vita connectivity leaked I had an ominous feeling that the Vita could lose it's identity as a complete independent system.

I guess I'm forced to purchase a PS4 now...

Shrewd Sony, very shrewd.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png ~~ Hillary Clinton/Elizabeth Warren 2016 ~~ 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#3SagadegoPosted 6/24/2013 8:39:52 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Ever since rumours of PS4/Vita connectivity leaked I had an ominous feeling that the Vita could lose it's identity as a complete independent system.

Imo don't. just wait 'til theres games worth buying. I agree, this is sad.
---
Now Playing:
Soul Hackers/Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3ds) Sengoku Basara 3(us ver,) (Ps3) Dynasty Warriors 5/Xenosaga 1 (ps2) Xenoblade(wii)
#4gray_fox_00Posted 6/24/2013 8:41:38 AM
I'm hoping it works to our advantage in some back asswards kind of way. Maybe enough people with money to burn will buy a Vita for their PS4 and will inflate the user base enough to more devs to consider making a game for it.

Not getting my hopes up, but a man can dream (at least that what cheesey movies have told me)
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#5KillingHarderPosted 6/24/2013 8:41:41 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...

Are you really surprised? Look at how many games are ports.
#6blankempathyPosted 6/24/2013 8:43:42 AM
Wasnt it marketed as console gaming on the go before aka a ps3 in your pocket?
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#7mike_411Posted 6/24/2013 8:45:55 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...

Why wouldn't you? TROY BAKER is in infamous.

TROY BAKER is a system seller!!
---
I fought the law and the law one!
#8MotiJrPosted 6/24/2013 8:47:48 AM
That is disappointing. Could Sony really not put any effort in to the Vita that they had to make it a ps4 accessory? They should stick to making software for handhelds and leave the hardware to Nintendo.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#9jenraisPosted 6/24/2013 8:52:11 AM
Like I said a long time ago

Glorified PS4 controller.

i want my money back
#10krizz07Posted 6/24/2013 9:00:49 AM
so if this remote play thing fails again, would that officially make the vita a sunken ship?