PS4 or PS Vita? PS Vita can play PS4 games? (I own a PS1)

#1RontequePosted 6/25/2013 12:24:22 PM
The last console I owned was PS1. I also have a PSP slim.

After reading this.. http://blog.games.com/2013/06/25/sony-answers-if-ps-vita-remote-play-need-be-through-ps4/

Is it saying that I can buy PS4 games and play on the PS Vita? (Without owning a PS4?)

I am thinking about getting a PS Vita instead of PS4 if that is the deal here..
#2yankee6903Posted 6/25/2013 12:25:36 PM
In order to play PS4 games on the VIta you need both. The PS4 magically streams the PS4 game to your Vita, making the PS4 game portable.
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/25/2013 12:52:10 PM
The PS4 runs the game, and sends the picture and sound to your Vita if you're on the same WiFi network.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#4UltimacakePosted 6/25/2013 12:56:15 PM
You should get a PS4. Sony lied about PS3 Remote Play for the Vita, and the Vita will have some of the PS4's buttons mapped onto the crappy back touchpad.
---
PSN: Xeedragon
#513_TanksPosted 6/25/2013 12:57:38 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
The PS4 runs the game, and sends the picture and sound to your Vita if you're on the same WiFi network.

I thought they say it didn't matter if you were on a different network? I could be wrong but i could of sworn Yosp mentioned that.
---
Check out what I'm playing this week at:
www.gamesmelter.com/what-im-playing-this-week-2/
#6yankee6903Posted 6/25/2013 12:59:49 PM
Ultimacake posted...
You should get a PS4. Sony lied about PS3 Remote Play for the Vita, and the Vita will have some of the PS4's buttons mapped onto the crappy back touchpad.

Uh they didnt lie, you can play PS3 games on the Vita, ICO Collection I believe.
#7DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/25/2013 12:59:58 PM
I seem to recall a spec list citing the need to be on local wifi.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#8RjmhartPosted 6/25/2013 1:01:38 PM
yankee6903 posted...
Ultimacake posted...

Uh they didnt lie, you can play PS3 games on the Vita, ICO Collection I believe.

Actually, there's a bunch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play
---
Psn: big_bob002
#9AceMagasePosted 6/25/2013 1:08:10 PM
Rjmhart posted...
yankee6903 posted...
Ultimacake posted...

Actually, there's a bunch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Play

A bunch of crap... that's a sadder list then the vita upcoming releases. Technically they didn't lie, they just made it seem like something that would actually work well; it doesn't. Now they don't even mention remote play with the ps3 anymore. That's why I won't believe it until I actually see it with the ps4.
#10Ronteque(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2013 5:52:26 AM
Thanks for the response!

Wow.. In this case I might as well get a gaming laptop instead.

UNLESS there is Sony exclusive game that I would want to play! Apparently, there is nothing groundbreaking on the Playstation anyway.. At least for now.

With Dark Souls 2 being released on the PC, I don't think there are really any other games in mind that I would want to get a PS4 and Vita for..