Madden 25 PS Vita

#1eaglesfan69Posted 6/25/2013 2:01:39 PM
Electronic Arts has today officially announced the next entry in the long-running Madden NFL sports franchise. Celebrating 25 years of the American football sim, the latest game will be called Madden NFL 25. The talking point, however, is that it has only been announced for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Nintendo's consoles, including Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Wii, as well as Sony's PlayStation Vita, are all excluded from the press release, implying that EA has no plans to release the game on any of these consoles. Could versions of the game be released further down the line for any of them, or will they each get a completely different Madden NFL game?

With EA very recently brushing off the Wii U, implying it as a console that cannot provide for its future visions, this announcement of no Wii U Madden NFL 25 could be proof that the company isn't considering supporting Nintendo's home console to such a high degree in the future. Although, this still comes as a surprise, especially since EA continued to release Madden NFL games on the GameCube, where multiplatform games never fared well against the PS2 and Xbox versions for the most part, and more so since it is one of its biggest earners - the Madden franchise has made over $3.7 billion in net revenue and now sold a whopping 99 million units worldwide to date, right behind its other major sports series FIFA, which has sold 100 million. Even with such a long history of Madden games on Nintendo consoles, could it be that EA really isn't taking any risks by not making versions for the Wii U and Sony's struggling handheld PS Vita?
Ports for the Wii U and perhaps other consoles of Madden NFL 25 could yet still be announced, but for now, it looks like the game is only PS3 and Xbox 360 bound, arriving August 27. Cubed3 will update with any new info.
#2RotuhiiriPosted 6/25/2013 2:03:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3arclouks_xPosted 6/25/2013 2:05:34 PM
meh, only care for fifa
---
PSN:JustArc_
Now playing:The last of us(mp),SR:The third,Zero escape:VLR
#4LukenatmePosted 6/25/2013 2:07:48 PM
...and that's where you gotta have a PS4--to remote play to your Vita. Shrewd move to not worry about begging game companies to make games for the Vita when they'll still be playable, with a bit of effort and money.
#5staticxtreme5Posted 6/25/2013 2:37:33 PM
Well as much as I've grown to hate EA over the past couple years, it is a smart decision. They know where the money will be made. I'm sure if it were my money spent developing the game, I would think hard about the money spent to port a game to X console and the forecast of sales on that console. Most Nintendo gamers really only care about Nintendo releases. It would sell some on Wii U, but I can't imagine enough to justify bringing it over. Same with the Vita and 3DS. Maybe in a few years when these consoles (namely the Vita and Wii U) pick up some steam and have a much larger install base, EA will reconsider its stance. Until then, expect this to be the norm with a lot of 3rd party devs.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#6AceAndJunpeiPosted 6/25/2013 2:47:50 PM
Lukenatme posted...
...and that's where you gotta have a PS4--to remote play to your Vita. Shrewd move to not worry about begging game companies to make games for the Vita when they'll still be playable, with a bit of effort and money.

I wouldn't want to rely on Remote Play in games where split-second timing is the key to success.

Jus' sayin'.
---
Now Playing: DKCR3D (9/10), The Last of Us(PS3), AC:New Leaf (9/10), Lego City Undercover (Wii U)
#7GoIrish80Posted 6/25/2013 3:40:05 PM
The whole remote play thing is essentially the death of the system.

Why should any company give a **** about focusing on a Vita specific game when the PS4 version will just be able to stream to it? ESPECIALLY when you add in the fact that the Vita has sold bad up to this point? If it had done fairly well, at least that would have given publishers/developers an incentive to make original stuff for it. But now, why should they?

If you're unable to realize and admit that at this point, you're blind.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#8thebatdaddPosted 6/25/2013 3:44:06 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
The whole remote play thing is essentially the death of the system.

Why should any company give a **** about focusing on a Vita specific game when the PS4 version will just be able to stream to it? ESPECIALLY when you add in the fact that the Vita has sold bad up to this point? If it had done fairly well, at least that would have given publishers/developers an incentive to make original stuff for it. But now, why should they?

It's not over yet. If Vitas come bundled with PS4 or get a big price drop and sales go up, companies will have more of an incentive to develop original games for it that you can't get on PS4. Then you can remote play PS4 games, while also having original Vita games.
#9LukenatmePosted 6/25/2013 3:58:44 PM
I think cross-buy is still the way to be. At least for popular franchises like the ones that have already used it.
#10staticxtreme5Posted 6/25/2013 4:32:42 PM(edited)
Quote:The whole remote play thing is essentially the death of the system.

@GoIrish80

Um no. I defy you to name 1 device that "died" because it added a feature. It will sell Vitas. How many, remains to be seen. More Vitas = higher install base which means more developer interest in creating games for it.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11