im digging ninja gaiden sigma 2 plus thus far, halfway into it

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 6/25/2013 7:09:36 PM
it is sooo much better than ninja gaiden 1, im surprised this game gets called inferior. i mean the difficulty is there, i like that its more linear its not like wandering around trying to find out where to go it feels more like metal gear rising. not restricted persay but it makes it a better experience, and i love it. the combat is fluid and nice. in ng1 its just block counter block counter, here at least i dont feel that.

do other ppl feel the same? ng2 is better than 1 IMO.
#2Final_TranPosted 6/25/2013 7:15:50 PM
It was mostly the frame rate issue that people had a problem with iirc not the actual gameplay
---
No don't eat me, I have a wife and kids, eat them!
~Homer J. Simpson
#3Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 7:17:21 PM
i dont even notice a framerate dip to be completely honest.
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 7:20:03 PM
it must have been patched out, i dont notice a framerate dip
#5OximofoPosted 6/25/2013 7:47:11 PM
The frames never really dropped, but the pop in is pretty noticeable.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#6HaRRy_TiPPeR_Posted 6/25/2013 8:09:32 PM
People complain too much, ngs2 is perfectly playable.
---
Timesplitters FTW People that agree: 18
Support Timesplitters 4: http://www.facebook.com/Timesplitters4PLZ
#7Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2013 11:06:08 PM(edited)
well i did notice slowdown but not until chapter 7, and only when there was like 13 enemies on the screen and i did a charged scythe move, it gave me like 25 FPS big deal lol. how common is that. not common.
#8skyrimer3dPosted 6/26/2013 5:39:32 AM
glad to hear that, I have it in my backlog list but haven't touched it yet.
#9micey13Posted 6/26/2013 7:21:49 AM
Oximofo posted...
The frames never really dropped, but the pop in is pretty noticeable.

this is wierd :? I'm just playing it now, halfway through and when there are more enemies on screen there is noticeable slowdown. It never gets choppy though, but it's like the game is in slow motion. Not that it bothers me that much hahah, cause once you get overwhelmed by enemies the slowdown acts like a perk and looks really cool to boot ;D

On the other hand haven't noticed popup.

As for the main topic: some people prefer ng1 due to it's more strategic combat and higher difficulty. It was more open and felt like an adventure. It's got that something dark souls has. You could even say it had some rpg elements to it: if a section of a level got too difficult you could grind and max out any equipped weapon at muramasas. Once you got the wooden katana you could grind and max it making Ryu an unstoppable killing machine relatively early on in the game.

Ng2 is way more action packed, yet linear. It's got really flashy and cool combat and lots more weapons.

I love both games, but ng1 takes the crown by a slight margin.

So it all boils down to the fact that some like chocolate and some like vanilla :)
---
goin' with the flow
#10BahamutBBobPosted 6/26/2013 8:14:54 AM
I had problems pulling off Izuna Drops in the cherry blossom area of the first level, but it's been pretty smooth since then.

I normally don't get messed up by framerate inconsistencies (and don't usually care about them too much.)
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob