Humble Indie Bundles on Vita.

#1Dragard_KaosPosted 6/29/2013 1:42:42 AM
Would be pretty damn cool. Personally, I don't really like Indie games all that much. However, seeing people talk about it, I decided to give Hotline Miami a try on my PC. It's okay, I guess. I just don't see myself buying it again, especially for $9.99 (I think?) when I already bought it on my PC along with Awesomenauts, Capsized, Dear Esther, English Country Tune, Intrusion 2, Little Inferno, Oil Rush, Proteus, Thomas Was Alone, and Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers all for $15 (which I could have paid much less for).

Would be neat if they would include PSN codes from now on.
---
The official Seiten Taisei of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Boards.
http://www.backloggery.com/dragard
#2co1onelPosted 6/29/2013 2:17:32 AM
Yay! More Indies!

/sarcasm
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Co1onel-225.png
http://i.imgur.com/D8mOGZH.png
#3EoinPosted 6/29/2013 6:10:37 AM
Sony are never going to allow a "pay what you want" model for PSN games, and developers can't just give away PSN codes (they do get a small number of PSN codes to give away for reviews/promotional purposes, but nowhere near enough for the amount of people who buy something like the Humble Bundle). This is something that you don't even see Apple or Google allowing (hence the Humble Android Bundle packs have been done outside of the Play Store).

PSN does have a "pay one price, select X games from a big selection of games" mechanism though. It's rarely used but it would be the closest thing to the Humble Bundle that has a chance of existing - something like pay US$15/15 and select 5 indie games from a list of 20 or so.
#4gamer4leverPosted 6/29/2013 7:31:21 AM
Dragard_Kaos posted...
Would be pretty damn cool. Personally, I don't really like Indie games all that much. However, seeing people talk about it, I decided to give Hotline Miami a try on my PC. It's okay, I guess. I just don't see myself buying it again, especially for $9.99 (I think?) when I already bought it on my PC along with Awesomenauts, Capsized, Dear Esther, English Country Tune, Intrusion 2, Little Inferno, Oil Rush, Proteus, Thomas Was Alone, and Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers all for $15 (which I could have paid much less for).

Would be neat if they would include PSN codes from now on.

I paid 5.50$ and got the same. Guess I'm cheap!
---
Help us bring Demon Gaze (Vita) In North America! Please! Every like counts!
https://www.facebook.com/TogetherForDemonGazeLocalization
#5Ambassador_KongPosted 6/29/2013 7:46:47 AM
The PSN is a monopoly and a monopoly never leads to lower prices. Steam is competing against other services which leads to great deals for the consumer. Vita owners have to buy from the PSN at PSN prices which rarely go down. This is why PSN games always cost more than retail.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi.
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/29/2013 8:01:17 AM
Humble Indie Bundle(as well as Indie Royale, Indie Gala, and all of the other indie bundles) is not a part of Steam.
Humble Bundle is it's own huge thing, now, having it's own weekly sale(not usually that remarkable. $5 for a game I think?) as well as frequent Humble Bundle sales, including the Humble Indie Bundles.(humble bundles are pay what you want, sometimes requiring a minimum of $1, and then have a bonus set of extra games/stuff for people who pay more than a certain amount, usually the average payment.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#7wstfldPosted 6/29/2013 9:29:13 AM
The PSN is a monopoly and a monopoly never leads to lower prices. Steam is competing against other services which leads to great deals for the consumer. Vita owners have to buy from the PSN at PSN prices which rarely go down. This is why PSN games always cost more than retail.

It's not a monopoly, as you can see TC able to choose another provider of the same exact content. Also, the price that PSN places on a game is the price that gives them the maximum total amount of profit. If there analysts believed having a lower price would give them a greater total profit they would put it there, if having a higher price did that then prices would be higher.
---
Last Played: The Last of Us (9.5/10)
Now Playing: StarCraft 2, Vanquish, Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, The Last of Us, Hotline Miami (Vita)
#8trancejeremyPosted 6/29/2013 5:12:44 PM
This is exactly why I can't get excited by indie games on the Vita and why I think it's a bizarre strategy Sony is taking.

They are already on the PC for virtually nothing. Unless you really desperately want to play them on a handheld (with buttons), why pay $10 for a game you could get for under a $1? Not to mention, play them months to years later.
#9DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/29/2013 6:09:33 PM
trancejeremy posted...
This is exactly why I can't get excited by indie games on the Vita and why I think it's a bizarre strategy Sony is taking.

They are already on the PC for virtually nothing. Unless you really desperately want to play them on a handheld (with buttons), why pay $10 for a game you could get for under a $1? Not to mention, play them months to years later.

Most of them hit Android as well, so there are alternatives to play them on handhelds anyway, such as Xperia Play, or the upcoming Shield.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64