Issue with PS Store?

#1horror_spookyPosted 7/1/2013 4:34:13 PM
I'm trying to download some PS Plus stuff and it's not letting me. <_< Just says "preparing to download..." indefinitely.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#2yankee6903Posted 7/1/2013 4:39:12 PM
Welcome to March 2013
#3horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 4:39:41 PM
What?
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#4RankorrPosted 7/1/2013 4:43:23 PM
yankee6903 posted...
Welcome to March 2013
#5NintendologicalPosted 7/1/2013 4:44:22 PM
Hit cancel, close the Playstation Store, turn off your PS Vita and turn it back on. Once it is back on, you should see a notification in your Live Area that will let you monitor the download. If the game is not in the notifications, then go back to the Playstation Store and download the game again. The second time around, the game should show up and download as normal.

I'm not sure why these hoops are necessary, but I was having trouble downloading Jet Pack Joyride and the demo for Soul Sacrifice. It took me doing several things to come up with the two solutions above. Hopefully, those work for you as well.
---
"it detected itself as malware and deleted its own entire existence." - Benjamin_Button
#6horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 4:54:20 PM
Nintendological posted...
Hit cancel, close the Playstation Store, turn off your PS Vita and turn it back on. Once it is back on, you should see a notification in your Live Area that will let you monitor the download. If the game is not in the notifications, then go back to the Playstation Store and download the game again. The second time around, the game should show up and download as normal.

I'm not sure why these hoops are necessary, but I was having trouble downloading Jet Pack Joyride and the demo for Soul Sacrifice. It took me doing several things to come up with the two solutions above. Hopefully, those work for you as well.

Thanks, this seems to work.

Did the latest update mess with the PS Store or something?
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#7Aadrian1234Posted 7/1/2013 4:57:57 PM
horror_spooky posted...
Nintendological posted...

Thanks, this seems to work.

Did the latest update mess with the PS Store or something?

It started happening like 2-3 months ago, so it was maybe 3-4 updates ago that messed it up. Never knew about the may update until today when I tried playing the farm simulator demo, and it told me to update to 2.12. That update still didn't fix it
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#8horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2013 5:19:12 PM
Huh, that's weird. Has Sony acknowledged the issue?
---
www.cheatmasters.com
#9psvitantifailPosted 7/1/2013 7:30:55 PM
Yea me to they need to fix this its some thing triggering it cuz some time it will do it some times it will work fine like the tornado musket on metal gear soild :PW...
#10DunGoofdPosted 7/1/2013 7:34:16 PM
It's probably something they changed to stop the PSP level piracy exploits. Now they're probably afraid to go back on that and can't figure it out or don't care enough to fix it, and rather let their customers suffer.
---
*insert sig*