Which franchise will boost Vita sales?

#1horror_spookyPosted 7/1/2013 7:09:21 PM
Vita is not doing so hot, and that's no secret. Mainly, it's due to lack of trying from Sony. Vita gets a lot of great games, but the problem is most of those games are also available on PS3, and a system is only as good as its exclusives.

So which franchise would best boost Vita sales for Sony? Doesn't necessarily have to be a Sony franchise, could be third party.

FFVII remake? <_<
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#2Undrey_Posted 7/1/2013 7:10:17 PM
GTA
---
"Honour and death go together like hotsauce and my balls"
#3Shacky_101Posted 7/1/2013 7:11:06 PM
GTA
COD
MH
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#4JcOpIVY86Posted 7/1/2013 7:12:18 PM
San Andreas Stories would fix the Vita really quick.
---
Sometimes it's what you don't do that makes you who you are.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/jckorn86/smallerbanner.jpg
#5cyl26Posted 7/1/2013 7:13:13 PM
Japan = Monster Hunter
Rest of the world = Better variety of AAA games that aren't pathetic versions.
#6j2zon2591Posted 7/1/2013 7:14:02 PM
GTA
COD (a much better one)
ES/FO
ME
DS
Dark/DeSouls
MH in jpn
exclusive and new MGS, FF, KH, GoW
#7NeoZephyrPosted 7/1/2013 7:31:28 PM
horror_spooky posted...
FFVII remake? <_<

Haha, assuming you're talking about an HD remake and not the PS1 classic that's already on PSN, that would boost sales through the roof, but we all know that the chances of that happening are about as good as Nintendo feeling bad for Sony and releasing the next Zelda game on Vita.

My votes:
God of War (not just remakes)
Metal Gear Solid (again, not just remakes)
inFAMOUS
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Grand Theft Auto (3rd person sandbox, not top down)
Final Fantasy
Call of Duty (that doesn't suck)
Bioshock
Gran Turismo might do it too, but I have no interest in racing sims so for all I know Vita already has a GT
Dragon Quest certainly wouldn't hurt with Japanese sales
And if we're dreaming (hey, you mentioned FFVII), then Mass Effect, Fallout, and Elder Scrolls

That's a pretty big list. Take your pick, Sony.
#8mrjhwarPosted 7/1/2013 7:35:02 PM
Yes, yes, and YES to all of the above.
---
Are you wearing garbage, Batman?
#9mad_hax_manPosted 7/1/2013 7:46:27 PM
Its depends on how the games are handled in relationship with the console games. AC:L was completely over looked for AC3 and was pretty much seen as an unimportant side story right from the get go. SH: BoM is pretty much the same. Vita will need games like FFVII:CC, MGS:PO and GoW:CoO/ GoS, which were all at least advertised as big games in their respective franchises, even if they aren't as important as their console counter parts.

Anyway, a Vita port and localization of games like Final Fantasy Type 0 and Valkyria Chronicles would help in the west. I hope at least there has been some effort made by Sony to talk to SE and Sega about this (I have tip my hat to Nintendo for Bayonetta 2), as this one seems kind of obvious.
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#10mangarooPosted 7/1/2013 7:48:41 PM
Capcom and Rockstar games. More CoD. A very good GT. Super Mario Galaxy games.

Also Minecraft, Super Meat Boy and Torchlight would seal it as quality indie king. I guess Bastion, Fez and maybe Braid too.