Which franchise will boost Vita sales?

#21mangarooPosted 7/2/2013 2:06:06 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Aren't Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas already available for cheap on iOS and Android?

They're also on Vita and control much better. But people want a next-gen handheld GTA.
#22Undrey_Posted 7/2/2013 2:08:10 AM
mangaroo posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Aren't Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas already available for cheap on iOS and Android?

They're also on Vita and control much better. But people want a next-gen handheld GTA.

They're not on Vita.

GTA 3, VC are on iOS (since their 10th anniversaries). San Andreas not yet, its 10th anniversary is next year.
GTA VC Stories and Liberty City Stories are on PSP, the controls aren't so good, but they're playable on Vita.

I wish GTA 3 and VC came to Vita, would make me play my Vita till it rusts.
---
"Honour and death go together like hotsauce and my balls"
#23mad_hax_manPosted 7/2/2013 2:11:32 AM
Rankorr posted...
Honestly, if COD couldn't do it, no single series will. Yeah yeah, the game was reviewed to be a letdown, but let's be honest, the reviews didn't "kill" COD sales for the most part. You guys realize how much a COD game sells?? It's because people eat up COD like it was Captain Crunch. It's a number of reasons: Lots of people never even heard of the Vita; Why play COD on the tiny screen when you can play with your bros on your 70"; Expensive, no games, yadda yadda.

But yeah, IMHO if COD can't sell it, I don't know what SINGLE series could.

P.S. I realize I kept saying "sale the Vita" when the title is "boost Vita sales," I just want to point out that I noticed that before someone picks at me for that, lol. Either way my opinion stands.

I think that's more to do with the fact that CoD fans are much more casual than other fanbases. They aren't going to buy an entirely new system for a side game, especially if so much of the appeal of the game is based on online multplayer
---
"Hey bridesmaid, love the beard! Give's me something to hang onto!!"- Lord Flasheart
#24mangarooPosted 7/2/2013 2:23:16 AM
Undrey_ posted...
mangaroo posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

They're not on Vita.

GTA 3, VC are on iOS (since their 10th anniversaries). San Andreas not yet, its 10th anniversary is next year.
GTA VC Stories and Liberty City Stories are on PSP, the controls aren't so good, but they're playable on Vita.

Ah right I read his post too quickly. Didn't know about forgot about GTA 3 as well.

Still though, it controls poorly on the phone, lots of popup too and people still want a newer handheld game. Phones can just about handle those games that PSP could.
#25Undrey_Posted 7/2/2013 2:27:03 AM
mangaroo posted...
Undrey_ posted...
mangaroo posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

They're not on Vita.

Ah right I read his post too quickly. Didn't know about forgot about GTA 3 as well.

Still though, it controls poorly on the phone, lots of popup too and people still want a newer handheld game. Phones can just about handle those games that PSP could.

Yes but porting those games would take little effort and time, why do they not do it?
---
"Honour and death go together like hotsauce and my balls"
#26spealfan444Posted 7/2/2013 2:48:31 AM
Too bad Capcom signed that contract from Nintendo for exclusive rights to MH. The Vita won't be seeing a Monster Hunter game anytime soon.
---
These boards are a creature of Chaos, they may take many incarnations.
#27RankorrPosted 7/2/2013 4:33:35 AM
spealfan444 posted...
Too bad Capcom signed that contract from Nintendo for exclusive rights to MH. The Vita won't be seeing a Monster Hunter game anytime soon.

Like I said earlier, IMO (obviously) speaking for the West anyways I still don't think MH is enough.
#28horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2013 6:37:39 AM
Next-gen handheld GTA would be sweet tbqh
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#29NintendologicalPosted 7/2/2013 11:42:18 AM
Rankorr posted...
Also, I think too many of the nominations in this thread would only boost sales of the Vita IN JAPAN. I love MH to death, and I feel like every "hardcore" or animu friends I have and know play MH....but we all know it's but a drop in the bucket over here.

Monster Hunter is more popular in America and Europe than you think. Granted, the franchise is the Japanese equivalent to Call of Duty in terms of regional popularity, the title does get notice here in the West. Monster Hunter is one of the reasons why the last Playstation Portable sold so well. At this point, all of the major Western franchises have been represented on the PS Vita, so it is clear that there is no franchise at this point that is going to sway consumer interest. It is about the price.

The same thing was true for the Nintendo 3DS, which despite having a fairly solid launch lineup, just didn't get consumer interest until the price was reduced substantially. We are in a recession. Great games, online features and better graphics are now only part of what sells a system. These days, consumers are becoming more frugal. The PS Vita has over 200 games in total, of which `126 are retail/boxed games. The system isn't even two years old yet, so that is a hell of a feat. Games are an irrelevant discussion. Sony needs a price drop, period.
---
"it detected itself as malware and deleted its own entire existence." - Benjamin_Button
#30mcksalgPosted 7/2/2013 11:50:04 AM
Resident Evil
GTA
Monster Hunter
BioShock
Final Fantasy
GoW

If any of those were to be develop from the ground up on Vita.