How much would you pay for the vita?

#1scarecowPosted 7/1/2013 8:49:00 PM
Hello, I recently had my house robbed.

Among other items, my playstation vita had been stolen. I had not had a lot of time with the unit and had gotten it for 200 dollars. This was the 3g unit.

I had Gravity Rush and enjoyed it, but that was as far as I got playing on the unit. I will not lie, the game lineup has still been a little lackluster for me, but Dragon's Crown and Persona 4 Golden make me want to repurchase my vita with what insurance money I did receive.

My question to you guys is: How much is the Vita actually worth to you? I had a hard time shelling out 200 and will probably not find a deal that good again unless it's a used unit, which I do not like.

Thank you in advance. Have a wonderful day.
#2mrjhwarPosted 7/1/2013 8:52:04 PM
I would wait before purchasing Vita if those are the only games you want to play. If you have to know how much I'd pay, I'd say $200 at this point just because of the hardware.

I feel like this kind of topic has been made many times....
---
Are you wearing garbage, Batman?
#3ill-thoughtsPosted 7/1/2013 8:59:32 PM
200 is a great price for it but since there not really producing ANY games for it, its worth less than 100. youd be better off just getting a PSP and delving into the Thousand games that it has. im eyeing the Vita but it just looks like its Dying.
#4thebatdaddPosted 7/1/2013 9:24:47 PM
ill-thoughts posted...
200 is a great price for it but since there not really producing ANY games for it, its worth less than 100. youd be better off just getting a PSP and delving into the Thousand games that it has. im eyeing the Vita but it just looks like its Dying.

I agree with this, and is something I'm strongly considering doing as well. PSP can do emulators too, you can play gba/snes/etc games, which I don't think is possible on the Vita yet. So with PSP, you get emulators, the entire psp library + the ps1 games, and its much cheaper at the moment. Vita's a cool system but it's still kind of early in the system's life (it's only been out for a little over a year I believe). If you wait, it's only going to get more games, more homebrew options, and cheaper (those overpriced memory cards will probably drop in price too).
#5mangarooPosted 7/1/2013 9:34:01 PM
I bought two, both new.
#6mangarooPosted 7/1/2013 9:34:35 PM
You can't have enough Vitas.
#7mangarooPosted 7/1/2013 9:35:13 PM
Getting robbed sucks though, sorry to hear that.
#8DarkLagunaPosted 7/1/2013 11:01:00 PM
I paid $250 for mine a month after release. And I'd probably do it again, if neccessary. I'm a big fan of digital downloads, and I already had a few from my PSP (yeah, I modded like everyone else, but I actually supported developers that made games I liked), so even with the lackluster starting library, I still had a bunch of PSP and PS1 games to play on it. And now, after a couple awesome games released for Vita (Soul Sacrifice & P4G, mainly), and more on the way, I'd have a hard time giving them up.

So yeah, I'd pay full price for one if necessary, but I would try to get one used if possible, if there was one in decent shape (and a lot of ones you can get locally if you have a local classified ad service, usually throw in all their physical games and accessories as well). I wouldn't do it to support Sony; Their lack of support for the Vita is disheartening. But as I said, there are some great games on the Vita, and some more on the way, that make it worth having one. For me, anyway.

As for getting robbed, that sucks. =( Hopefully you had insurance, and/or they catch the one responsible for it and you get recompensed for everything.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#9AjidoMarujidoPosted 7/1/2013 11:08:46 PM
I paid $350 for my First Edition Bundle at launch. (Though, that's mostly because I had just won $500 from a Super Bowl bet.) Looking at the system now, knowing what games it has and how often I play it, I probably would still spend $250 on a Wi-Fi system, though I understand why most people wouldn't.

It really just depends on how much you value it. If you have a hard time justifying the purchase at $200, then you should probably hold off on it, at least for a while. Most people will argue that it's due for a price drop, fairly soon.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- The Last of Us (PS3), Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Vita)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#10YuniuninuniunPosted 7/1/2013 11:21:05 PM
Vita has replaced my 3DS as my always carrying device. I missed out on lots of ps1 and psp games and the vita can do those plus the few vita games I want so I get a lot out of mine.

I'd probably pay what I paid $250
---
Playing: RaiderZ, Monster Hunter Freedom unite, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS FC: 0259-1323-3296