Would a 4gb memory card be plenty if you plan on buying physical?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Would a 4gb memory card be plenty if you plan on buying physical?

User Info: MercurysMessage

MercurysMessage
3 years ago#11
I have no problems with a 4gb card, and I have LBP vita, hotline miami dragon fantasy book toros friend network, super stardust delta, and I have had lots of demos downloaded, I have no problems with it using physical media for a lot of my games. That being said if you have a 4gb card you can't download games like persona 4 or resistance as they take up like 3gb. Also I see some high end 32gb SD cards costing like 50-80$, so I think Sony just needs to drop the price of the vita itself worldwide.
"And don't criticize what you can't understand"

User Info: TheWhoFan

TheWhoFan
3 years ago#12
ducklucky posted...
Eternal_Strike posted...
You see sony,proof expensive memory cards ruin the vita.(oh and no games)

It's not that bad. I remember the days when a 1gb thumb drive would set you back at least 30 dollars.
---

You have to compare it with the state of the market nowadays, not 10 years ago.
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.

User Info: IncisionX

IncisionX
3 years ago#13
For purely physical copies 4gb for saves etc and apps is more then enough... but one Psone classic and you'll tear through your memory.

I downloaded FF7/8/9 and I took out and entire 32gb card o.o

User Info: TranslatorTom

TranslatorTom
3 years ago#14
Yes, 4GB is enough if you're only buying physical games.
-Tom

User Info: Rotuhiiri

Rotuhiiri
3 years ago#15
If you're fine with just playing one PSP game or one PS1 Classic at a time then you might make it even if I wouldn't recommend it. I'd say 8GB is minimum for someone going all physical with some occasional download.
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
3 years ago#16
MercurysMessage posted...
Also I see some high end 32gb SD cards costing like 50-80$, so I think Sony just needs to drop the price of the vita itself worldwide.

I got a 32 GB class 10 MicroSDHC from Amazon (not a seller) for like $21.

What bothers me is MicroSD cards are physically smaller than Vita memory cards. It wouldn't surprise me if they're just MicroSD with a different shell and an extra pin(?). Sony could totally come out with an adapter, charge ~$20 for it, and everyone would be happy, Sony would still make a lot of money off of a $0.01 piece of plastic, because people would rather spend $40 than $80+
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
3 years ago#17
If you get physical games that require download patches upwards of 400 MB then you could be quickly screwed.

8 GB is safer.
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH

User Info: Dragonyeuw

Dragonyeuw
3 years ago#18
stargazer64 posted...
If you get physical games that require download patches upwards of 400 MB then you could be quickly screwed.

8 GB is safer.

That's what I was thinking, even if one commits to buying physical 100%, patches are going to eat into that storage over time.
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 GOW model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,

User Info: blundermine

blundermine
3 years ago#19
ducklucky posted...
Eternal_Strike posted...
You see sony,proof expensive memory cards ruin the vita.(oh and no games)

It's not that bad. I remember the days when a 1gb thumb drive would set you back at least 30 dollars.
---

But that day is not today.

Hence the problem.
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
3 years ago#20
Get double the size that you think will be fine for you.

...is my personal rule on memory cards.
lowercase
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Would a 4gb memory card be plenty if you plan on buying physical?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived