Would a 4gb memory card be plenty if you plan on buying physical?

#11MercurysMessagePosted 7/2/2013 1:51:35 AM
I have no problems with a 4gb card, and I have LBP vita, hotline miami dragon fantasy book toros friend network, super stardust delta, and I have had lots of demos downloaded, I have no problems with it using physical media for a lot of my games. That being said if you have a 4gb card you can't download games like persona 4 or resistance as they take up like 3gb. Also I see some high end 32gb SD cards costing like 50-80$, so I think Sony just needs to drop the price of the vita itself worldwide.
---
"And don't criticize what you can't understand"
#12TheWhoFanPosted 7/2/2013 2:20:57 AM
ducklucky posted...
Eternal_Strike posted...
You see sony,proof expensive memory cards ruin the vita.(oh and no games)

It's not that bad. I remember the days when a 1gb thumb drive would set you back at least 30 dollars.
---

You have to compare it with the state of the market nowadays, not 10 years ago.
---
"On a technical level, PC obviously. But because PC and Xbox have no games, PS3 wins." - ScreamingMidget
They don't even try anymore.
#13IncisionXPosted 7/2/2013 2:33:08 AM
For purely physical copies 4gb for saves etc and apps is more then enough... but one Psone classic and you'll tear through your memory.

I downloaded FF7/8/9 and I took out and entire 32gb card o.o
#14TranslatorTomPosted 7/2/2013 3:00:26 AM
Yes, 4GB is enough if you're only buying physical games.
---
-Tom
#15RotuhiiriPosted 7/2/2013 3:07:28 AM
If you're fine with just playing one PSP game or one PS1 Classic at a time then you might make it even if I wouldn't recommend it. I'd say 8GB is minimum for someone going all physical with some occasional download.
---
JRPG fans, support our struggle: http://chn.ge/SsowWy
Like our cause: https://www.facebook.com/OperationDemonBane
#16BahamutBBobPosted 7/2/2013 6:45:51 AM
MercurysMessage posted...
Also I see some high end 32gb SD cards costing like 50-80$, so I think Sony just needs to drop the price of the vita itself worldwide.

I got a 32 GB class 10 MicroSDHC from Amazon (not a seller) for like $21.

What bothers me is MicroSD cards are physically smaller than Vita memory cards. It wouldn't surprise me if they're just MicroSD with a different shell and an extra pin(?). Sony could totally come out with an adapter, charge ~$20 for it, and everyone would be happy, Sony would still make a lot of money off of a $0.01 piece of plastic, because people would rather spend $40 than $80+
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#17stargazer64Posted 7/2/2013 6:48:18 AM
If you get physical games that require download patches upwards of 400 MB then you could be quickly screwed.

8 GB is safer.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#18DragonyeuwPosted 7/2/2013 7:26:10 AM
stargazer64 posted...
If you get physical games that require download patches upwards of 400 MB then you could be quickly screwed.

8 GB is safer.

That's what I was thinking, even if one commits to buying physical 100%, patches are going to eat into that storage over time.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 GOW model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#19blunderminePosted 7/2/2013 7:33:59 AM
ducklucky posted...
Eternal_Strike posted...
You see sony,proof expensive memory cards ruin the vita.(oh and no games)

It's not that bad. I remember the days when a 1gb thumb drive would set you back at least 30 dollars.
---

But that day is not today.

Hence the problem.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#20Black_AssassinPosted 7/2/2013 7:35:34 AM
Get double the size that you think will be fine for you.

...is my personal rule on memory cards.
---
lowercase