According to Metacritic, the Vita has 8 good games in the past 3 months

#51ServantOfErieosPosted 7/4/2013 2:00:19 AM
XMonkeySniperX posted...
ServantOfErieos posted...
No WiiU games to date have graphics that match Uncharted: Golden abyss or killzone mercenary.

Pretty sad.

lmao

How do you figure the Vita's more powerful than the Wii U when it chugs running things that the PS3 can run, which is about equivalent in power? NGS2+ and the Jak and Daxter Collection should run fine if it was actually that powerful, but they don't.

"Literally" using a compressed port of an HD collection as an example of graphic fidelity whilst ignoring uncharted, wipeout HELL even odyssey: strangers wrath HD.

Got to love nintenfanboys.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#52Old_World_OrderPosted 7/4/2013 2:14:33 AM
XMonkeySniperX posted...
No WiiU games to date have graphics that match Uncharted: Golden abyss or killzone mercenary.

Pretty sad.

lmao

How do you figure the Vita's more powerful than the Wii U when it chugs running things that the PS3 can run, which is about equivalent in power? NGS2+ and the Jak and Daxter Collection should run fine if it was actually that powerful, but they don't.

"Literally" using a compressed port of an HD collection as an example of graphic fidelity whilst ignoring uncharted, wipeout HELL even odyssey: strangers wrath HD.

lmfao! Only the most pathetic of Vita fanboys would think that the Vita is HD.

looks who made claim

Indeed
#53ServantOfErieosPosted 7/4/2013 2:21:09 AM
Old_World_Order posted...
XMonkeySniperX posted...

Pretty sad.

lmao

looks who made claim

Indeed

Only an uniformed fanboy troll would think the opposite.

Looks at who sent the reply.

Nope, no one I recognise, must be an alt.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#54FayeLadyPosted 7/4/2013 4:04:12 AM

Pretty sad.

lmao

No Wii U games run in such low resolutions either.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#55ServantOfErieosPosted 7/4/2013 4:17:55 AM
FayeLady posted...

Pretty sad.

lmao

No Wii U games run in such low resolutions either.

So you admit the graphics don't match the vita, DESPITE the fact that the vita is only just a current gen machine lining up against a supposed next gen machine.

ggs
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#56singhellotakuPosted 7/4/2013 5:00:44 AM
Don't you mean 8 good ports in the last 3 months? Honestly I buy about 2 3ds games a month and I don't even like the thing yet I haven't bought a vita game since Christmas.
#57NnamzPosted 7/4/2013 1:27:27 PM
Rurouni720 posted...
It's kind of funny how the vita destroys the Wii in power and matches the WiiU.

And these are meant to be current and next gen hardware.

LOL

Yeah no. Vita cannot even match the 360 in horsepower, not even close.

While you're completely write correcting Servants delusional "Vita = WiiU graphics" quote, making statements like the WiiU is more powerful than 360 (or PS3) like it's a cold hard fact is a bit troubling.

WiiU has more RAM. 2GB vs 512mb. WiiU's OS also (apparently) doesn't use any system RAM while a game is running. However having an extra gb and a half of RAM doesn't really do THAT much for games, as becomes evident by many WiiU games not running better than their 360 counterparts despite having that extra RAM. CPU and GPU are more important.

WiiU's GPU is completely in the same ballpark as 360/PS3, roughly 20%-30% more powerful if we're going by it's teraflop output (although it actually runs at an ever so slightly lower clock speed than PS3). It's the CPU that is a letdown, and is the cause of some developer frustration in trying to get the games running properly. Wii U's processor runs at 1.24ghz per core, while 360 and PS3's run at over 3ghz per core. Multiple devs have already stated they have to make sacrifices in Wii U games when compared to their 360 and PS3 versions of the same game.

It's hard to really say which one is more powerful as a whole. GPU is the most important figure here but the CPU deficit is much larger than the GPU advantage here.....
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#58SagadegoPosted 7/5/2013 2:07:58 PM
Old_World_Order posted...
XMonkeySniperX posted...

Pretty sad.

lmao

looks who made claim

Indeed

servant is pathetic.
---
Now Playing:
Project X Zone/Soul Hackers/Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3ds) Sengoku Basara 3(us ver,) (Ps3) Dynasty Warriors 5/Xenosaga 1 (ps2) Muramasa(wii)
#59zandm7Posted 7/5/2013 2:21:13 PM
blundermine posted...
77 is only ok. Soul Sacrifice definitely didn't deliver what people expected.

This is the only thing in this whole thread I am going to bother to respond to.

Seriously, this stigma that a 7/10 game is "only ok," mediocre, not worth buying, etc. is absolutely ridiculous. Put it this way: It makes absolutely no sense to have only three relevant review scores (8, 9, 10). A 7/10 game ought to be considered, at the very least, a "good" game and definitely worth buying.

This isn't the damn education system where 7/10 is supposed "average-poor" and the only good grades are 80% and above.

On the topic of SS, I thought it was a very good game (especially as a new IP with an incoming sequel), definitely better than "only ok" (and at the same time deserving of a 77 MetaScore), and absolutely worth buying IF it's the type of game you can get into (not everyone can, after all).

TLDR: 7/10 =/= "only ok"
---
Playing - PSV, PS3, and PC.
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandmstudios
#60DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/5/2013 6:27:17 PM
zandm7 posted...
blundermine posted...
77 is only ok. Soul Sacrifice definitely didn't deliver what people expected.

This is the only thing in this whole thread I am going to bother to respond to.

Seriously, this stigma that a 7/10 game is "only ok," mediocre, not worth buying, etc. is absolutely ridiculous. Put it this way: It makes absolutely no sense to have only three relevant review scores (8, 9, 10). A 7/10 game ought to be considered, at the very least, a "good" game and definitely worth buying.

This isn't the damn education system where 7/10 is supposed "average-poor" and the only good grades are 80% and above.

On the topic of SS, I thought it was a very good game (especially as a new IP with an incoming sequel), definitely better than "only ok" (and at the same time deserving of a 77 MetaScore), and absolutely worth buying IF it's the type of game you can get into (not everyone can, after all).

TLDR: 7/10 =/= "only ok"

5 is mediocre, 0/1 is downright terrible, and a sin upon gaming. 7/10 is only ok.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64