Sony is always GOOD to us.

#31dedrick123Posted 7/5/2013 11:57:40 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Yup. Sony is so good to us. Let's remember all the good things Sony does for us, purely out of the goodness of their heart!
Expensive, slow proprietary memory(<10mb/s, $100/32gb)
Charging people to replace defective hardware
Charging for online play for 3rd party games
Making frustratingly hard to work with platforms that waste time and money for little to no return
Overcharging for hardware that underperforms
Selling a broken console, and telling their fans that they're just too stupid to appreciate it
Shipping masses of defective units, and refusing to replace them

Intentionally designing products to break in order to get more console sales
Killing an industry leader during their prime
Pushing Microsoft into the console market
Running Squaresoft into the ground
Selling off their biggest IPs, leaving fans of those franchises to watch as they were completely ruined
Undermining the health of the industry as a whole for a temporary popularity spike(over and over and over and over)

Sony has been so good to us all, we should be very thankful for their existence

Is that why they came up with that one year protection crap? I knew something was up with
the vita when I saw that.
---
BOOP-BOOP!
#32DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/6/2013 1:39:47 AM
TranslatorTom posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
...Charging for online play for 3rd party games...

I wonder how that scenario played out in your head...

EA: Sony, can we please let people play our games online for free?

Sony: No, they MUST pay to play them! They can play our first-party games online for free, but YOU must make online passes!

That's pretty much the size of it. That's what PS+ is now.

dedrick123 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Yup. Sony is so good to us. Let's remember all the good things Sony does for us, purely out of the goodness of their heart!
Expensive, slow proprietary memory(<10mb/s, $100/32gb)
Charging people to replace defective hardware
Charging for online play for 3rd party games
Making frustratingly hard to work with platforms that waste time and money for little to no return
Overcharging for hardware that underperforms
Selling a broken console, and telling their fans that they're just too stupid to appreciate it
Shipping masses of defective units, and refusing to replace them

Intentionally designing products to break in order to get more console sales
Killing an industry leader during their prime
Pushing Microsoft into the console market
Running Squaresoft into the ground
Selling off their biggest IPs, leaving fans of those franchises to watch as they were completely ruined
Undermining the health of the industry as a whole for a temporary popularity spike(over and over and over and over)

Sony has been so good to us all, we should be very thankful for their existence

Is that why they came up with that one year protection crap? I knew something was up with
the vita when I saw that.

Haha, no. PSP was broken, by design, initially. Wasn't until the first revision/western release it was even functional, and even then, it was a mess of issues.
Over half of the first shipment of PS2s were DOA. Sony refused responsibility for them.
PS2, and I think PSP as well, and probably PS3 and Vita, actually have parts inside of them designed to rip and render the console non-functional. If you can open it without breaking it, you can un-tape the thin, fragile data ribbon and make the console more durable.
PS2's disk drive will fail after extended use reading dual-layer disks, which is why so many sequels to dual-layer games were multi-disk.

The protection plan is just to try to nickel and dime their consumers more while looking good doing it.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#33EpicnessXDPosted 7/6/2013 2:14:01 AM
Honestly after that Microsoft crap with the Xbox One, Sony is now decent to me >.<
#34BobbyGoticksPosted 7/6/2013 9:58:25 AM
BobbyGoticks posted...
This is ServantOfErios' alt, I can tell by the poor use of commas.

Ex:

1."It's ok to be excited, I'm excited too, trust in Sony for they, will deliver."

2."Should be happy with the amount of good, quality, Indies being released constantly."

Should pass 1st grade first, ok?
#35Wip3out64(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2013 2:27:59 PM
EpicnessXD posted...
Honestly after that Microsoft crap with the Xbox One, Sony is now decent to me >.<

This, microsoft are just a bad company, period.
In Sony you can trust.
#36Shadowfxd2Posted 7/6/2013 2:32:16 PM
Wip3out64 posted...
EpicnessXD posted...

This, microsoft are just a bad company, period.
In Sony you can trust.

I seem to remember Sony allowing everyone's credit card and info to get stolen because they were easy to hack...
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg