I'm looking to buy a Vita....

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I'm looking to buy a Vita....
2 years ago#1
I did some research, and I wound up more confused then I started, so I'm looking for you guys to give a clear run down of the system. In addition to general info, there are a few things I'm curious about:

1) What's up with the system's memory cards?
2) There's no place for discs at all? The system is entirely digital?
3) There is only one version of the system right?
4) For PS+ games that are on both PS3 and PSVita, could I put the game on both systems?

Plus, anything else I should know. Thanks in advance.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>9>13>7>12>6>4>1>2
2 years ago#2
You have to buy memory cards designed for Vita since they are propietary.

No more discs. Instead Vita now uses small cartridges for it's games. If you want to play PSP games on it you'll have to download them from PSN Store.

There's a Wifi model and there's a model with Wifi+3G. If you don't use 3G get the Wifi version there's no differences between the 2 other than you can use 3G on one.

Yes.
2 years ago#3
Go get a vita now! It has blast processing, makes you more mature and it will rain women!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
2 years ago#4
ValorZrayk posted...
I did some research, and I wound up more confused then I started, so I'm looking for you guys to give a clear run down of the system. In addition to general info, there are a few things I'm curious about:

4) For PS+ games that are on both PS3 and PSVita, could I put the game on both systems?

1.) They're expensive proprietary cards that only Sony makes.
2.) Cartridges are used for physical games.
3.) There's a Wifi only and Wifi & 3G model.
4.) You can't play VITA games on the PS3 nor can you play PS3 games on the VITA (generally speaking).
You can store VITA games on the PS3 but not play.
There are a few games that can both be played on the PS3 and VITA (mostly indies).

The VITA isn't selling well. Keep software expectations realistic (only a few "big" titles now and then).
2 years ago#5
Wait til September. Should be a price drop by then
2 years ago#6
Get a 3ds
2 years ago#7
Target has the Lego Batman bundle for 200$. I say you could get it now, as a price drop is likely to be down to around 200$.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
2 years ago#8
ValorZrayk posted...

1) Any media downlaoded from the Playstation Store will require a memory card in order for you to download and store any content. Some PS Vita games require you to have a memory card to save game data. The packaging for a game will denote whether or not a memory card is required.

2) The PS Vita uses game cards that are similar to those used on the Nintendo DS line of game consoles. Essetially, they are modified SD Cards.

3) There are two versions of the console: a 3G+WiFi version and a Wi-Fi only version.

4) Cross platform games can be purchased through the Vita or the PS3 and will work on both machines. Your PSN purchases are accessible on up to two Playstation consoles and two Playstation handheld devices.
---
"it detected itself as malware and deleted its own entire existence." - Benjamin_Button
2 years ago#9
iamtruth posted...
Get a 3ds

Already have one, and holy crap! $50 for a 16gb memory card >_<
Might wait for a price drop.
---
Kingdom Hearts: 3D>BbS>1>Days>Coded>ReCOM>2 >CoM
Final Fantasy: 10>9>13>7>12>6>4>1>2
2 years ago#10
ValorZrayk posted...
iamtruth posted...
Get a 3ds

Already have one, and holy crap! $50 for a 16gb memory card >_<
Might wait for a price drop.

Yeah to be honest vita is awesome in the hardware department,but awful with software.i suggest you wait for a price drop and more games to be released.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. I'm looking to buy a Vita....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived