First Indies... and now Mobile games games are coming to PSV

#1sinncrossPosted 7/6/2013 5:19:10 AM
This week on the PS store saw the launch of 2 originally mobile games for the PSV:
Kung Fu Rabbit
Total Recoil

Additionally, SE is bringing Chaos Ring to the PSV (originally mobile) and want to do so with the rest of the series.

Now, mobile publisher Chillingo, wants to brings games to the PSV too.
http://electronictheatre.co.uk/mobile/playstation-mobile-news/38647/chillingo-announces-playstation-mobile-debut

They will start with Feed Me Oil and continue with
Little Acorns, iBomber Defense, and Roll in the Hole.

So, it appears that Sony is pushing for mobile publishers too which is a big deal when you consider that most purchases are digital for the PSV .

While its no CoD or AC, or GTA, mobile publishers are nonetheless a step in the right direction for getting software on the PSV. Maybe not the best step but at least Sony is doing something.

Here is hoping EA brings Dead Space and Mass Effect, SE brings TWENTY and Capcom brings Ace Attorney... maybe even the mobile Monster Hunter games.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Waiting on PS4
#2cheezedadadaPosted 7/6/2013 5:22:09 AM
We are getting Chaos Rings on here? I cant remember if I saw that announcement or not (its 9am and I am still 'waking up' from a long night)....I played a little of that on the Iphone and liked it, but if it gets a physical control style on the PSV that would kick ass.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
PSN - cheezedadadada: my name here + another 'da"..XBL is same as here..no extra 'da'
#3RjmhartPosted 7/6/2013 5:47:54 AM
cheezedadada posted...
We are getting Chaos Rings on here? I cant remember if I saw that announcement or not (its 9am and I am still 'waking up' from a long night)....I played a little of that on the Iphone and liked it, but if it gets a physical control style on the PSV that would kick ass.

There were 2 topics on last week. One said "in Japan" and the other didn't. Game looked descent so hopefully it comes to other regions.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#4cheezedadadaPosted 7/6/2013 5:49:54 AM
Rjmhart posted...
cheezedadada posted...

There were 2 topics on last week. One said "in Japan" and the other didn't. Game looked descent so hopefully it comes to other regions.

Now that I am starting to wake up, I am remembering reading about it because I was wondering if it were going to be touch controls or physical or both. I couldnt really play all the way through on my iphone because I only use that for quick little bursts of time, but I could easily play it to the end on the Vita so I hope we get it.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
PSN - cheezedadadada: my name here + another 'da"..XBL is same as here..no extra 'da'
#5j2zon2591Posted 7/6/2013 8:50:34 AM
sinncross posted...
This week on the PS store saw the launch of 2 originally mobile games for the PSV:
Kung Fu Rabbit
Total Recoil

Additionally, SE is bringing Chaos Ring to the PSV (originally mobile) and want to do so with the rest of the series.

Now, mobile publisher Chillingo, wants to brings games to the PSV too.
http://electronictheatre.co.uk/mobile/playstation-mobile-news/38647/chillingo-announces-playstation-mobile-debut

They will start with Feed Me Oil and continue with
Little Acorns, iBomber Defense, and Roll in the Hole.

So, it appears that Sony is pushing for mobile publishers too which is a big deal when you consider that most purchases are digital for the PSV .

While its no CoD or AC, or GTA, mobile publishers are nonetheless a step in the right direction for getting software on the PSV. Maybe not the best step but at least Sony is doing something.

Here is hoping EA brings Dead Space and Mass Effect, SE brings TWENTY and Capcom brings Ace Attorney... maybe even the mobile Monster Hunter games.

Yeah.. better than "less", if Sony's going to barely push bigger games.

I'd seriously find it awesome if ME and DS mobile would be ported to the PSV. :)
#6JcOpIVY86Posted 7/6/2013 8:52:28 AM
It's about time someone notices Vita owners are starving.

While the Vita has not sold well, it has a crazy attachment rate....like 10 games for every Vita owner.
I don't know how that is determined, but that's still insane.

While I would love new games for it, I have no problem playing through old favorites or games that I missed.

I would buy the **** out of the GTA Trilogy on the Vita.
I'd also love to see ICO/SotC on it.

I'm having a blast playing through Guacamelee on my Vita.

Still waiting for Crash and Spyro to be playable on this thing though...
---
Sometimes it's what you don't do that makes you who you are.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/jckorn86/smallerbanner.jpg
#7TheKonamiManPosted 7/6/2013 9:06:12 AM
The only mobile games I'd like to see on Vita are Dead Space and The Dark Knight Rises. I'm not against other mobile games coming to the platform those are just the two I'd like to play on a Vita.
---
http://ps3trophies.com/card/4/TheKonamiMan.png
|T|R|O|P|H|I|E|S| - My Anti-Drug
#8Undrey_Posted 7/6/2013 9:08:49 AM
They're releasing mobile games on PSMobile, not the store. (Except for some)
---
"Honour and death go together like hotsauce and my balls"
#9MercurysMessagePosted 7/6/2013 9:20:17 AM
Undrey_ posted...
They're releasing mobile games on PSMobile, not the store. (Except for some)

Isn't ps mobile for Sony phones? Lol still nice we get the option of some of them though
---
"There is not love of life without despair about life"
-Albert Camus
#10mangarooPosted 7/6/2013 9:24:31 AM
So many angles of support for the Vita can't wait for Gamescom.