Anyone else holding out on a memory card price drop?

#1CaptainzPlanetzPosted 7/6/2013 9:21:57 PM
I have a vita and a 8gb memory card, is anyone else dealing with their 4/8gb cards until a hopeful price drop on the 32gb and or the possible announcement of a 64gb card for 100 bucks and the 32 for 50.

I for one, believe I would be comfortable with the 64gb at 90-100, but at the moment I can't justify the 85 or so for the 32gb. So is anyone the same?
#2ShinXenogearsPosted 7/6/2013 10:17:36 PM
I am in the same boat i just wanna download all the classics like FF7-8 and tactics xenogears, chrono cross, legend of legaia, legend of dragoon, wild arms 2 but i only have a 4gb so definately waiting on a price drop or i might just save up to that
---
U seem quite worked up
#3Infernus93Posted 7/6/2013 11:07:17 PM
Yes, and I'm holding out on a lot of other purchases because of it, as well. I actually know people who are holding out on the Vita entirely until the memory cards drop in price.
---
I like Monster Rancher.
#4GamingNerd2013Posted 7/6/2013 11:31:08 PM
Already bought a 32 GB. Got it on sale for $75, but by 2014, I'm gonna have a bunch of games so I'll need another 32 GB. Hopefully they do release a 64 GB, but I highly doubt it.

I was holding out on the Vita as well, but I couldn't pass up the promotion they had about a month ago. Got a $50 gift card with it, so basically it's like I got the Vita for only $200.

Be on the lookout for Black Friday or around Christmas time. I bet they'll have a big price drop for those expensive memory cards.
#5pipitugaPosted 7/7/2013 12:47:58 AM
Yes. Got a 4gig atm... and ive hold up a lot of dd games due to the mem card.
If they will be smart they would do a price cut. As people will then buy the 32gig and download more means more money for them
---
The test of tolerance comes when we are in a majority, The test of courage comes when we are in a minority.
PSN: Curapica-San / GT: Curapica
#6NnamzPosted 7/7/2013 1:01:20 AM
After PS+ hit I couldn't justify putting up with the cumbersome-ness of deleting games and redownloading new ones every time I wanted to try something. I bit the bullet and bought a 32gb. The temporary hole in my wallet was worth the convenience of not having to worry about space.

I'd buy a 64gb tomorrow if it came out. The prices Sony is charging is highway robbery, but aside from waiting for a sale there isn't much we can do (unless you want to keep deleting, but that's no way to live lol).
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#7bloodcoastPosted 7/7/2013 2:33:26 AM
I bought a 4 gb memory card. I estimated if I don't buy any DD games, 4 gb should be enough for the entire duration of Vita for saving/misc uses. So far, I don't see any DD-only games I want for Vita. If that one day does come where I should get a new memory card, I'll use the 4 gb card for my Japanese account.
#8DragonyeuwPosted 7/7/2013 2:45:10 AM
Infernus93 posted...
Yes, and I'm holding out on a lot of other purchases because of it, as well. I actually know people who are holding out on the Vita entirely until the memory cards drop in price.

i'm in the same boat. There are some digital only titles and PSone classics I'm holding off on purchasing until the 32gb can be had for a reasonable price.
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 GOW model, Wii, PS2,Dreamcast, SNES, White PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#9Latios77Posted 7/7/2013 3:12:40 AM
im still struggling with a 4GB card, constantly deleting games from it. I just cant justify a 16 gb for $50, think im getting an 8GB soon...
---
What games are free where, free games where
-DemonDog666
#10Infernus93Posted 7/7/2013 5:17:04 AM
GamingNerd2013 posted...
I was holding out on the Vita as well, but I couldn't pass up the promotion they had about a month ago. Got a $50 gift card with it, so basically it's like I got the Vita for only $200.

Be on the lookout for Black Friday or around Christmas time. I bet they'll have a big price drop for those expensive memory cards.

The promotion most places had where I am was simply charging $200. That's actually when I got mine, too.

Waiting for Black Friday is good advice. I've admittedly been getting impatient, but I've got enough games on other systems to hold me over.

Dragonyeuw posted...
i'm in the same boat. There are some digital only titles and PSone classics I'm holding off on purchasing until the 32gb can be had for a reasonable price.

Exactly. Almost everything I want for the Vita is digital. I never had a PSP, so there's a whole library there for me, too. Those games are actually a big part of why I got a Vita.
---
I like Monster Rancher.