The game gap is not that large(vita vs 3ds)

#1omescythePosted 7/7/2013 10:02:19 PM
if you take a actual look at the number of games there not that big of a difference given that the 3ds has been out a year longer.

All us vita list 4 pages
All us 3ds list 5 pages

the number of upcoming us game releases coming to both are 12 games

so lets just try to keep things in perspective here and realize that its not that bad.
#2Shadowfxd2Posted 7/7/2013 10:04:51 PM
omescythe posted...
if you take a actual look at the number of games there not that big of a difference given that the 3ds has been out a year longer.

All us vita list 4 pages
All us 3ds list 5 pages

so lets just try to keep things in perspective here and realize that its not that bad.

So 4 pages of ports, vs 4 pages of new games & 1 page of ports. That's why the Vita is flopping. Not because there isn't plenty of ports and indies, but because no one will buy a dedicated system for those.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#3j2zon2591Posted 7/7/2013 10:06:02 PM
omescythe posted...

All us vita list 4 pages
All us 3ds list 5 pages

1 3DS game =/= 1 VITA game in terms of "system selling" potential respective to their platform.
#4KingJaggiPosted 7/7/2013 10:06:09 PM
I love this board so much, its so funny. :)
---
Psn:KingJaggi 3DS Fc:1590-5213-0522
I LOVE MONSTER HUNTER!!
#5MarkMiltonPosted 7/7/2013 10:08:10 PM
omescythe posted...

All us vita list 4 pages
All us 3ds list 5 pages

you seem to think quantity = quality.

the Vita could have twice the number of games as the 3DS, but it would be irrelevant if none of them are games people want to play.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304
#6MercurysMessagePosted 7/7/2013 10:14:01 PM
More comparisons! This will bring all of the Nintendo fanboys in!
---
"There is not love of life without despair about life"
-Albert Camus
#7ikaruga0101Posted 7/7/2013 10:14:19 PM
It's not about quantity. It's not even all about quality either. The Vita could have 2 times more games than the 3DS, if it doesn't have a killer app it doesn't matter in the mainstream market.
If the 3DS had only Pokemon XY and went against the entire current Vita library, it would still win.

It's looks unfair but that is how things work. But as long as the Vita and it's games are profitable and supported, that is all we need for now. That is what sony should focus for now.
#8j2zon2591Posted 7/7/2013 10:22:50 PM
ikaruga0101 posted...
It's not about quantity. It's not even all about quality either. The Vita could have 2 times more games than the 3DS, if it doesn't have a killer app it doesn't matter in the mainstream market.
If the 3DS had only Pokemon XY and went against the entire current Vita library, it would still win.

It's looks unfair but that is how things work. But as long as the Vita and it's games are profitable and supported, that is all we need for now. That is what sony should focus for now.

I wonder how much dev. budget KZ:M and UCGA have compared to Mario 3DS games and AC.
#9MercurysMessagePosted 7/7/2013 10:23:02 PM
ikaruga0101 posted...

Yea all it needs are some really fun quality games, and everyone to stop ******** because it doesn't do anything lol
---
"There is not love of life without despair about life"
-Albert Camus
#10lordcloudxPosted 7/7/2013 10:26:48 PM(edited)
Talk about sales aside, as long as the Vita gets at least 4 years of support from Sony as well as third party developers, (a few big games trickling in every few months and some indie games alongside them) I won't regret my purchase for it since that's more than enough time to build up a decent library of games across multiple genres.
---
Paragon of Justice: Crimson Ranger! The Greatest Superhero Never Known http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3028741/1/Paragon-of-Justice-Crimson-Ranger