If JRPGs are soooo popular, then why are the Vitas sales still so poor.

#1Jon_MarstenPosted 7/8/2013 7:29:48 PM
To me this just screams that the JRPG genre is garbage that only a select few people actually enjoy. If the Vita had more western games, to cater to a western population then it would sell much better than it is now.

Games like:
GT
GTA
Elder scrolls
Battlefield

Actual console quality that we were promised.
---
IF YOU HAVE READ THIS, IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE TO REALISE THAT IT SAYS NOTHING AT ALL.
#2mangarooPosted 7/8/2013 7:31:21 PM
JRPGs aren't that popular outside of Japan.

Sony hasn't put many JRPGs on Vita, 3DS has been covering it too well imo.

Sony is aiming for the rest of the world and some of those games will come after the upcoming push.
#3iamtruthPosted 7/8/2013 7:31:36 PM
Because vita only has 1 good jrpg and its a enhanced ps2 port....
#4yankee6903Posted 7/8/2013 7:33:08 PM
Uh because the VIta has no RPGs

Cmon Ace
#5Jon_Marsten(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:34:51 PM
mangaroo posted...

Sony is aiming for the rest of the world and some of those games will come after the upcoming push.

I dont see how Sony is aiming for the rest of the world. If they were doing that, then it would be selling.

I would have to say that the Vita has the worst game library of any console released in the last ten years.
---
IF YOU HAVE READ THIS, IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE TO REALISE THAT IT SAYS NOTHING AT ALL.
#6BlueBombei2Posted 7/8/2013 7:36:13 PM
Jon_Marsten posted...
mangaroo posted...

I dont see how Sony is aiming for the rest of the world. If they were doing that, then it would be selling.

I would have to say that the Vita has the worst game library of any console released in the last ten years.

At a little over a year into it's life you can already say that? How?
#7MercurysMessagePosted 7/8/2013 7:36:34 PM
Jon_Marsten posted...
To me this just screams that the JRPG genre is garbage that only a select few people actually enjoy. If the Vita had more western games, to cater to a western population then it would sell much better than it is now.

Games like:
GT
GTA
Elder scrolls
Battlefield

The best RPG's are JRPG'S, Demons souls and Dark souls. That is the experience I want on my vita.
---
"There is not love of life without despair about life"
-Albert Camus
#8Jon_Marsten(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:38:50 PM
MercurysMessage posted...
Jon_Marsten posted...

Games like:
GT
GTA
Elder scrolls
Battlefield

The best RPG's are JRPG'S, Demons souls and Dark souls. That is the experience I want on my vita.

And thats why its not selling. Give people actual good games, and it will sell.
---
#9mike_411Posted 7/8/2013 7:40:32 PM
Murica does not approve!
---
Zombie outbreak?
Perfect time to....START A GARDEN!
#10Jon_Marsten(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 7:41:45 PM
mike_411 posted...
Murica does not approve!

I am not an American mate.
---