About Star Ocean FD and SE for the Vita

#11orestes1981Posted 7/9/2013 7:24:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#12jjeerryyonly9Posted 7/9/2013 7:37:37 PM
I loved the PSP Star Oceans - which is why I customized my 3000 to play my UMDs of them entirely from the memory card. If they ever hit the PSN, this gamer will definitely buy them again.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
PSN: RadKickAss /// 3DS: 0662-2594-4115
#13genodragon1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 7:43:28 PM
jjeerryyonly9 posted...
I loved the PSP Star Oceans - which is why I customized my 3000 to play my UMDs of them entirely from the memory card. If they ever hit the PSN, this gamer will definitely buy them again.

Two questions since I don't own a Vita yet.

- 3000? From my cursory peeks, there's a wi-fi and a wi-fi/3G version, so are there different Vitas with differences other than this?
- UMD's can be shoved into memory cards? ... Well, legally?

And yeah, those will definitely be games I'd love to buy. <3 Second Evolution definitely has a lot of my childhood within, which is why I'd love to see Legend of Legaia, Mega Man Legends 1 and 2, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, and some Tiny Toons game I rented once on there as well
---
"Argument is meant to reveal the truth, not create it" - Edward de Bono
#14jjeerryyonly9Posted 7/9/2013 8:07:04 PM
genodragon1 posted...
jjeerryyonly9 posted...

Two questions since I don't own a Vita yet.

- 3000? From my cursory peeks, there's a wi-fi and a wi-fi/3G version, so are there different Vitas with differences other than this?
- UMD's can be shoved into memory cards? ... Well, legally?

And yeah, those will definitely be games I'd love to buy. <3 Second Evolution definitely has a lot of my childhood within, which is why I'd love to see Legend of Legaia, Mega Man Legends 1 and 2, Misadventures of Tron Bonne, and some Tiny Toons game I rented once on there as well

PSP3000, which is why I'd love to see the Star Oceans on the PSN Store for the Vita.

And, technically, I did it legally since I was making backups of games that I paid for.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
#15genodragon1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 8:17:57 PM
Huh, I see! Though that'd be a bit too steep for me to pay for a system with the sole intention of making a back-up to put on another system. ^_^;;
---
#16jjeerryyonly9Posted 7/9/2013 8:34:08 PM
genodragon1 posted...
Huh, I see! Though that'd be a bit too steep for me to pay for a system with the sole intention of making a back-up to put on another system. ^_^;;

The Vita is easily the nicest handheld ever made, and is certainly worth a purchase. While I do have, and am looking forward to, lots of Vita games, I dig having PSP and PSOne games on it as well. I am especially excited, though, about all of the HD PS2 games like MGS2 & 3 and the anticipated FFX & FFX-2.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
#17genodragon1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 8:46:19 PM
Yeah, that'd definitely make the grinding in X-2 a bit less of a hassle to have it be portable. I saw it in my local Gamestop in one of the televisions that pump out trailers and commercials at an almost Orwellian pace. Have to say, it was impressive- and hopefully it'll have the content denied to US people (SE seems to have a nasty habit with that as of late, particularly with the Kingdom Hearts franchise, X-2 seemed to follow suit with Japan-only stuff).

Though I'd like to see some games that'd interest me in the original games category. Not that there aren't games that are good, but I've ignored Sony for so long, I've missed a lot.
---
#18jjeerryyonly9Posted 7/9/2013 9:19:17 PM
genodragon1 posted...
Yeah, that'd definitely make the grinding in X-2 a bit less of a hassle to have it be portable. I saw it in my local Gamestop in one of the televisions that pump out trailers and commercials at an almost Orwellian pace. Have to say, it was impressive- and hopefully it'll have the content denied to US people (SE seems to have a nasty habit with that as of late, particularly with the Kingdom Hearts franchise, X-2 seemed to follow suit with Japan-only stuff).

Though I'd like to see some games that'd interest me in the original games category. Not that there aren't games that are good, but I've ignored Sony for so long, I've missed a lot.

Indeed, you have. Though I've done little research on FFX/FFX-2 HD, I understand that they are the international versions, so the added content should be there.

Personally, I feel that exclusives like Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice (and several others) are reasons enough to get a Vita. Hell, I owned an N64 for GoldenEye alone.

By the way, nice Orwell reference.
---
TO MICHAEL!!!
#19causticanPosted 7/10/2013 4:17:41 PM
Wait a minute. So the two trademarks that Square Enix filed back in May 30th were for Vita releases of Star Ocean: First Departure and Star Ocean: Second Evolution? Is that what they told you without a doubt, or did they keep it ambiguous at "two new Star Ocean games are going to be released"?

If they are re-releasing SOFD and SOSE that makes me really upset for some reason. The craze around was that this would hopefully be a PS4 remake of Star Ocean: Till The End of Time. This idea was compounded by the fact that SO3 is the only one who has not been remade despite it's piss poor graphics (SO4 doesn't count, as it was released very recently). Not to mention, it's SO3's ten year anniversary, and Tri-Ace must've seen the hype surrounding a new SO game during that Star Galaxy fiasco late December.

I just feel like this is a really bad idea on their part.
#20pharos33Posted 7/10/2013 4:56:11 PM
I'm really excited for this. I haven't played SO2 since it was first released, and its been probably 12+ years since I played SO1 on the SFC cartridge. Yeah that's right, I was that hardcore. Back then the Super Nintendo's 'region lock' could be circumvented with steak knife. Good times, great game, looking forward to playing it again (in English, thank god).