There should be demo booth's with good Vita games to show the Vita's appeal.

#1BoomerTheGreatPosted 7/13/2013 10:16:07 AM
I just came from target and I am hoping the Vita and PS3 has better games than what I saw.
I played
MLB 13
PSASBR
Guacamelee
Didnt want to try
Sly Cooper
I think trials something (motorcycles)
Viking something
Something with Shapes
I also was alittle confused with the controls. I left the store pretty underwhelmed, so does anyone have any comments relevant to the Vita? Is this system really bad like people claim?
---
Greatness comes from within
#2psvitantifailPosted 7/13/2013 10:26:28 AM
the Vita is a pretty good system I recommended to my friends But does get trolled on pretty hard It is not as bad as people say And it does have games Don't listen to the trolls However sometimes the truth is its mostly ports on the ps vita that can be a good thing or bad thing if you like to get your PlayStation 3 games on the go nice controls and graphics better than a 3ds then go with the Vita if you like exclusives like Pokemon and Mario 3 DS is for you :)
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#3SazukeEXPosted 7/13/2013 10:49:48 AM
Price is the main reason the Vita isn't adopted as much as the 3DS is cheaper while consoles aren't that much more expensive over it so they go by the rational of "Why get a Vita when I get get a 360 or PS3?".
---
Master of all things Fire Emblem Canon.
#4xenoleingodPosted 7/13/2013 11:09:56 AM
SazukeEX posted...
Price is the main reason the Vita isn't adopted as much as the 3DS is cheaper while consoles aren't that much more expensive over it so they go by the rational of "Why get a Vita when I get get a 360 or PS3?".

you have to remember that vita offers alot in apps and social things and a lot of people bought the 3ds at 250 $ @ one point (me being an early adopter myself) if ppl could've afforded the 3ds at that price ppl couldve pushed for the wifi only version at least imo vita ust offers a bit more than the 3ds it only beats vita primarily in game dept
---
Currently playing soul sacrifice persona 4 golden fire emblem awakening
Psn= xenoleingod
#5duckluckyPosted 7/13/2013 12:17:39 PM
xenoleingod posted...
SazukeEX posted...

you have to remember that vita offers alot in apps and social things and a lot of people bought the 3ds at 250 $ @ one point (me being an early adopter myself) if ppl could've afforded the 3ds at that price ppl couldve pushed for the wifi only version at least imo vita ust offers a bit more than the 3ds it only beats vita primarily in game dept

^That's the vita being a jack of all trades and master of none. It can deliver a superior gaming experience but doesn't; it does much of what a smart phone does, only not as well. I think holding it in your hands has not been as important in getting people to buy it as the why should I buy it? factor.
---
---
PSN: Aiustis, XBL: Aiustis, 3DS: 0533-4718-4217
#6j2zon2591Posted 7/13/2013 12:20:25 PM
ducklucky posted...
xenoleingod posted...
SazukeEX posted...

^That's the vita being a jack of all trades and master of none. It can deliver a superior gaming experience but doesn't; it does much of what a smart phone does, only not as well. I think holding it in your hands has not been as important in getting people to buy it as the why should I buy it? factor.
---
#7stalemate_666Posted 7/13/2013 12:28:09 PM
ducklucky posted...
---

Yeah it does deliver a superior gaming experience, it just doesn't have the advertisement and high profile games like 3DS does. 3DS games don't even come close to the quality of vita ones like AC: L, Gravity Rush, Dynasty Warrior's Next, Soul sacrifice ect. But they have brand name like mario and monster hunter (freaking wii port lol)
---
psn: Stalemate666
#8psvitantifailPosted 7/13/2013 12:39:14 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
ducklucky posted...
---

Yeah it does deliver a superior gaming experience, it just doesn't have the advertisement and high profile games like 3DS does. 3DS games don't even come close to the quality of vita ones like AC: L, Gravity Rush, Dynasty Warrior's Next, Soul sacrifice ect. But they have brand name like mario and monster hunter (freaking wii port lol)

Ture...Two Chains!!! XD
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#9duckluckyPosted 7/13/2013 12:49:33 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
ducklucky posted...
---

Not for most people. AC: L was okay but nothing special, Dynasty Warriors was okay but nothing that one would miss if the game was skipped, Soul Sacrifice was pleasant. I loved Gravity Rush a whole lot. But a gaming experience isn't just how pretty a game looks.

And two of the four games you listed for vita are a brand, they just don't offer as memorable an experience; if they did more people, even here would be praising them. For the record I don't like Mario or Zelda games; I pretty much don't like any first party nintendo franchises.
---
---
PSN: Aiustis, XBL: Aiustis, 3DS: 0533-4718-4217
#10mrekliPosted 7/13/2013 1:02:02 PM
Store demos themselves don't really reach people outside of the younger crowd in terms of affecting buying decision. Other people tend to just spectate and it adds to awareness rather than actually showing them particular details. So presence is important, content isn't.
---
Every service with a username: mrEkli. Google me if you must.