Clarification on what the PS Vita can play

#1El_Mariachi_484Posted 7/13/2013 9:40:31 PM
I'm considering getting a Vita mostly due to the functionality with PS4. But, in my research, I've realized the Vita might be capable of some really awesome stuff, so much so that I want some clarification because it seems almost too good to be true.

1) My understanding is that the Genkai (Sorry if I got the name or spelling wrong) streaming will be made available for the VIta. Does that mean, in effect, that the Vita will be technically capable of playing PS1, PS2, PS3 AND PS4 games?

2) Are PSP games available on the PSN playable on the Vita? This point has always been unclear to me.

3) Are all games bought on my PSN account playable on the Vita when I buy it? For instance, I have Final Fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot, etc already purchased and on my PS3. Can I download them again on the Vita once my account is attached to it?

4) Can the Vita play all PSN games, such as Scott Pilgrim Vs the World? Original games for PSN as opposed to digital versions of retail games is what I mean.

The truly ironic thing is that the Vita's library of games don't interest me much. There are some cool things I'll check out once I have it, but the actual library isn't enough of an incentive. It's the reason I haven't bought a Vita yet.

I'd be very appreciative to anyone that answers any or all of these questions. I'll also appreciate any more information about Vita playability. I WANT to WANT to buy this system but I'm afraid I'm rather ignorant about it at the moment.
---
There comes a point in every young man's life when he realizes he will never be as cool as A.C. Slater
#2KiddDantePosted 7/13/2013 10:00:33 PM
El_Mariachi_484 posted...
I'm considering getting a Vita mostly due to the functionality with PS4. But, in my research, I've realized the Vita might be capable of some really awesome stuff, so much so that I want some clarification because it seems almost too good to be true.

1) My understanding is that the Genkai (Sorry if I got the name or spelling wrong) streaming will be made available for the VIta. Does that mean, in effect, that the Vita will be technically capable of playing PS1, PS2, PS3 AND PS4 games?

2) Are PSP games available on the PSN playable on the Vita? This point has always been unclear to me.

3) Are all games bought on my PSN account playable on the Vita when I buy it? For instance, I have Final Fantasy 7, Metal Gear Solid, Crash Bandicoot, etc already purchased and on my PS3. Can I download them again on the Vita once my account is attached to it?

4) Can the Vita play all PSN games, such as Scott Pilgrim Vs the World? Original games for PSN as opposed to digital versions of retail games is what I mean.

The truly ironic thing is that the Vita's library of games don't interest me much. There are some cool things I'll check out once I have it, but the actual library isn't enough of an incentive. It's the reason I haven't bought a Vita yet.

I'd be very appreciative to anyone that answers any or all of these questions. I'll also appreciate any more information about Vita playability. I WANT to WANT to buy this system but I'm afraid I'm rather ignorant about it at the moment.

1.I dunno, does seem to good to be true though

2.Yes

3. Unsure but you can either sign in with your psn or create a new one(I created a new one), so if it's out for both I don't see why you can't re-download.

4.The Vita can't play all, and I also wan't to point out not all psp games are on avail on the Vita.

I don't get why the Vita games don't interest you though, there's a lot of good ones and a lot of variety in genres so there should at least be a few that interest you, unless you play strictly fps games in which case wait for killzone.
#3AileWingPosted 7/13/2013 10:02:12 PM

Some are, some aren't. Regardless of your region, not all digital PSP games will be playable on your Vita. Additionally some games are compatible with the Vita but cannot be downloaded directly onto it. For those games you'll need to download to and transfer from your PS3.

Once your account is tied to your Vita you can download those games onto your handheld only if they're Vita-compatible. Some will need to be transferred from your PS3.

Once again, it just depends on the game, but I don't think any of the big PSN-only titles that are playable on the PS3 (like Scott Pilgrim and Sonic CD) are also playable on the Vita. I think it only has access to some Minis and some Indie titles.
---
Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
#4j2zon2591Posted 7/13/2013 10:10:45 PM
1.) Gaikai. Technically yes, in streaming. But I seriously doubt it's the whole PS1/PS2/PS3 library maybe because of some licensing issues or what not.

LAG has also yet to be tested for Remote Play.

Only some PS3/PS4 games afaik are announced for streaming outside Remote Play.

2.) Not all PSP games are available on the VITA.

MGS Acid, KH:BBS, FF:CC are not.
#5El_Mariachi_484(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2013 10:19:45 PM
KiddDante posted...

I don't get why the Vita games don't interest you though, there's a lot of good ones and a lot of variety in genres so there should at least be a few that interest you, unless you play strictly fps games in which case wait for killzone.

To be perfectly honest, it's more to do with me getting older and losing interest in games in general. I love games and I want them in my life for sure, but, to be honest I don't really have the energy or inclination to keep up with what's new. I'm sure there are a few Vita games that are astounding, but, as I said, I haven't found any that truly interest me yet. The fact that the Vita can play all these older games and have so much functionality is really just my gateway.
---
There comes a point in every young man's life when he realizes he will never be as cool as A.C. Slater
#6KiddDantePosted 7/13/2013 10:46:52 PM
KiddDante posted...

To be perfectly honest, it's more to do with me getting older and losing interest in games in general. I love games and I want them in my life for sure, but, to be honest I don't really have the energy or inclination to keep up with what's new. I'm sure there are a few Vita games that are astounding, but, as I said, I haven't found any that truly interest me yet. The fact that the Vita can play all these older games and have so much functionality is really just my gateway.

You really shouldn't get a system just for that though, maybe I can help you find some games what genres do you like?
#7El_Mariachi_484(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 3:35:10 PM
Well I generally play whatever catches my eye. I like pretty much every genre. I dig a good story but gameplay is king. I generally gravitate toward Nintendo because of the simplistic and fun gameplay. I used to abhor more "complicated" games, but lately I've catching up on modern gaming.
---
#8KiddDantePosted 7/14/2013 4:05:07 PM
Well I generally play whatever catches my eye. I like pretty much every genre. I dig a good story but gameplay is king. I generally gravitate toward Nintendo because of the simplistic and fun gameplay. I used to abhor more "complicated" games, but lately I've catching up on modern gaming.

Ok I gotcha, Little big planet Vita is a really good game packed with hours and hours of gameplay that technically never ends due to free user created levels. It has easy to pick up and play gameplay that's enjoyable without the stress.
P4g has a lot of replay value and if you don't mind turn based combat, it's a must have. Soul sacrifice has great gameplay and replay value but can get repetitive at times. Gravity rush is a great open world game with awesome flight and gravity mechanics along with the story and gameplay, although there's not much replay value after the story.
Finally if you want simple yet fun gameplay you should look into n4s most wanted, you can just drive around in an open world, racing others and finding cars hidden around the map. The soundtrack is great and you really get a feeling of going really fast, nothings more satisfying than going 150mph and crashing into traffic flipping both cars.
Hope my list helps but it's subjective so look up vids of these games before you make a choice.
#9Shadowfxd2Posted 7/14/2013 4:15:36 PM

1. no one knows
2. Not all of them, most of them you need a ps3 to transfer
3. some ps1 are not on vita yet, you once again need a ps3 to transfer
4. no
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#10omescythePosted 7/14/2013 4:20:16 PM
for simplistic games there are quite a few choices in the minis and ps mobile sections. there around $1 - $5 range and don't take up much space. most the big vita games do have demos so you can always try some out. There are a few psn games that play on both ps3 and vita. they would be the cross buy/play games.