Do you really think Monster Hunter is gonna push Vita sales?!

#1bassyuraPosted 7/14/2013 4:50:48 PM
The Vita is oversaturated with ARPG's as it stands! How in the nine hells is this one title gonna sell a $250 console?
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!
#2iDoneGotUPosted 7/14/2013 5:04:24 PM
People like the wild dragon that's in the game.
---
Surrender Before ME!
#3j2zon2591Posted 7/14/2013 5:20:25 PM
Yup.

VITA needs more games regardless.

I doubt it doesn't have anything unique against the other hunting games.
#4KiddDantePosted 7/14/2013 5:29:53 PM
Yea why not, it would certainly play better than the 3ds and psp versions and MH fans would love to have a solid MH on the go.
I'm not even a fan of MH because I don't like chasing enemies but I would still get it for the Vita because it would be a cool game to have.
#5grangiaPosted 7/14/2013 5:30:59 PM
Like every giant franchise (Halo, Mario, God of War, etc.) most people are gonna buy it by the load just by name alone.

It also helps that (also like most giant franchises) it tends to innovate a bit (and MH4 seems to address most of people's complaints from 3) every time a new one is released.
---
http://app.sketchclub.com/user/10083807
PSN:Dr-Toszi
#6bassyura(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 6:03:46 PM
grangia posted...
Like every giant franchise (Halo, Mario, God of War, etc.) most people are gonna buy it by the load just by name alone.

It also helps that (also like most giant franchises) it tends to innovate a bit (and MH4 seems to address most of people's complaints from 3) every time a new one is released.

You named 1st party titles

Monster Hunter is not a 1st party title. Its not even the best selling Capcom title (Street Fighter and Resident Evil are)
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
#7jagger_wandererPosted 7/14/2013 6:28:01 PM
A lot of people say call of duty will save the vita. Look at what it did.
---
Joy is to the ears that hear not the mouth that speaks.
Chronicles of the Unbeliever
#8bassyura(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 6:51:11 PM
jagger_wanderer posted...
A lot of people say call of duty will save the vita. Look at what it did.

Whether or not it saved it, BOD is still the best selling game on the Vita in North America. Monster Hunter is only popular in Japan, making it a niche market everywhere else.
---
#9elbarto1Posted 7/14/2013 6:55:27 PM
It won't save it but it will sell consoles.

Many people bought wiiu for 3U
But not a lot that it saved the console.

I don't care. Vita is great. I own 2. I'm happy w it. Another great game on vita? Awesome!
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#10nimerjm37Posted 7/14/2013 7:00:56 PM
Maybe I missed something but I don't think Monster Hunter is coming to the Vita.

Unless there was an announcement I missed, I thought Capcom was sticking with Wii U and 3DS for the franchise. Either way, if it came to the Vita, I'd probably get it (but I'd get the 3DS/Wii U versions, too).
---
I often wonder why the people most concerned with maturity are usually the most immature among us, don't you?