Do you really think Monster Hunter is gonna push Vita sales?!

#21Megaman OmegaPosted 7/16/2013 3:35:50 AM
Ironneos99 posted...
bassyura posted...
The Vita is oversaturated with ARPG's as it stands! How in the nine hells is this one title gonna sell a $250 console?

its not exactly an ARPG, its more like hack and slash

What the hell, it's the exact opposite of hack and slash.
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#22bassyura(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 3:50:36 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
Ironneos99 posted...
bassyura posted...
The Vita is oversaturated with ARPG's as it stands! How in the nine hells is this one title gonna sell a $250 console?

Hack n' Slash:
Hack and slash or hack and slay, abbreviated H&S or HnS, refers to a type of gameplay that emphasizes combat. [...] In console- and arcade-style video games, the usage specifically implies a focus on combat with hand-to-hand weapons. (Wikipedia.org, 7/16/2013)

ARPG:
Action role-playing games (abbreviated action RPG, action/RPG, or ARPG) form a loosely defined sub-genre of role-playing video games that incorporate elements of action or action-adventure games, emphasizing real-time action where the player has direct control over characters, instead of turn-based or menu-based combat. These games often use combat systems similar to hack and slash or shooter games. (Wikipedia.org, 7/16/2013)
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!
#23Ironneos99Posted 7/16/2013 3:55:35 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
Ironneos99 posted...
bassyura posted...

how its not?

i mean, you got yourself a underpowered small monster and slightly overpowered boss monster(compared to smaller ones), which is the trait of hack and slash games

and the only RPG element only weapon and equipment management(felyne leveling aside)

and the first Monster Hunter for ps2 actualy listed as that genre

and being hack and slash doesn't always mindless button mashing you know...
---
Altaha Abilia
#24G1ingyPosted 7/16/2013 4:06:04 AM
skipboris2 posted...
It would, especially if it was actually a new game with interesting new ideas, not the port/rehash ugly graphics of the last few games (including mh4)

Someone sounds butthurt that MH is now exclusive to a console they're too cheap to buy.