Genre of Games Vita lacks What series would you bring to vita?

#1xenoleingodPosted 7/14/2013 5:35:32 PM
honestly i dont feel the vita lacks games itself i feel a lack of certain genres so heres my list of generes and games series i think could work on vita

Rpg (the turnbased kind preferably but any is fine)

Legend of dragoon 2
Xenosaga HD trilogy
legend of legaia (pretty underrated game thought this was pretty fun on ps2)
Dark Cloud
Untold legends (fun games on psp for me)
Valkyria chronicles

Action/adventure
Mirrors edge (sequel,prequel,spinoff)
tomb raider (preferably pre-reboot but any is fine with me)
infamous ( i think an infamous game would defintely pull ppl over to the vita )
a heavy rain like game

Horror-AFAIK outside of silent hill Book of Memories (which wasnt meant to be scary to begin with) there are no horror games on vita

A Real Silent hill
Resident evil
Dead Space
Fatal Frame
Siren
Alone in the dark
Clock tower

this is pretty much what i can think of vita has enough racers puzzle games and fighters and what not it has shooters but at least until mercenary theyre pretty bad and the games i listed dont even have to be ports original canon games are decent spinoffs are fine with me but bring more of these franchises over

so tell me what type of games the vita's lacking and what series would u like to see on vita!
---
Currently playing soul sacrifice persona 4 golden fire emblem awakening muramasa rebirth
Psn= xenoleingod
#2KiddDantePosted 7/14/2013 5:41:36 PM
We definitely need more fighters.
#3gamezero6Posted 7/14/2013 6:16:36 PM
KiddDante posted...

I LOVE Fighters can't get enough of it but, Fighters and RPGs need to take the back seat and let Genres like...

Trading Card Games(Yugioh, Magic and etc.)
Survival/Horror (traditional SH and RE games)
Like it or not SPORTS Titles
Free/SandBox type Games(Shenmue and GTA)
Sim type Games(Sims and SimCity)
Dating Sim? IDK man?
Light Gun type Shooter would be awesome for Vita(HotD, Virtua Cop and Time Crisis)

I also agree with TC, that Turn-Based RPGs need a comeback. Preferably Grandia Love that Series.
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN(Ps Vita) ID: JinZer069
#4KiddDantePosted 7/14/2013 6:19:11 PM
gamezero6 posted...
KiddDante posted...

I LOVE Fighters can't get enough of it but, Fighters and RPGs need to take the back seat and let Genres like...

Trading Card Games(Yugioh, Magic and etc.)
Survival/Horror (traditional SH and RE games)
Like it or not SPORTS Titles
Free/SandBox type Games(Shenmue and GTA)
Sim type Games(Sims and SimCity)
Dating Sim? IDK man?
Light Gun type Shooter would be awesome for Vita(HotD, Virtua Cop and Time Crisis)

I also agree with TC, that Turn-Based RPGs need a comeback. Preferably Grandia Love that Series.

I do love fighters but I said I was joking since there is an abundance of fighting games out for the Vita. Which is funny since there were so many psp fighters as well, people just love kicking ass on the go.
---
Psn- MyNameIsKidd
#5bassyuraPosted 7/14/2013 6:21:13 PM
Vita lacks sports games. So football, basketball, racing, tennis, skateboarding etc.

Vita has enough ARPGs and like 5 Fighters.
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!
#6TranslatorTomPosted 7/14/2013 6:34:35 PM
--(Trading Card Games(Yugioh, Magic and etc.))
Doesn't it have the Uncharted card game? There's also Monster Monpiece in Japan.

--(Survival/Horror (traditional SH and RE games))
Well, it may not have Survival Horror, but it does have a horror novel game (Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru) in Japan.

--(Like it or not SPORTS Titles)
Plenty of these in Japan too. Especially baseball and soccer.

--(Free/SandBox type Games(Shenmue and GTA))
Absolutely, the Vita needs these.

--(Sim type Games(Sims and SimCity) Dating Sim? IDK man?)
There's Ciel no Surge in Japan, which is sort of like a real-time sim game.

--(Light Gun type Shooter would be awesome for Vita(HotD, Virtua Cop and Time Crisis))

It wouldn't be the same without a gun. Just touching the enemies makes it way too easy to play that sort of game. It would turn the games intojust a slow-paced version of whack-a-mole.

--(Turn-Based RPGs need a comeback)
Mind Zero's coming out soon.
---
-Tom
#7xenoleingod(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2013 6:52:58 PM
TranslatorTom posted...
Doesn't it have the Uncharted card game? There's also Monster Monpiece in Japan.

Well, it may not have Survival Horror, but it does have a horror novel game (Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru) in Japan.

--(Light Gun type Shooter would be awesome for Vita(HotD, Virtua Cop and Time Crisis))

It wouldn't be the same without a gun. Just touching the enemies makes it way too easy to play that sort of game. It would turn the games intojust a slow-paced version of whack-a-mole.

I feel bad for not putting shenmue on this list this would be amazing on vita! but yea as far as light gun games idt this would work that well on vita which is why i didnt think of putting it on my list either
---
Currently playing soul sacrifice persona 4 golden fire emblem awakening muramasa rebirth
Psn= xenoleingod
#8gamezero6Posted 7/14/2013 7:19:17 PM
xenoleingod posted...
TranslatorTom posted...

I feel bad for not putting shenmue on this list this would be amazing on vita! but yea as far as light gun games idt this would work that well on vita which is why i didnt think of putting it on my list either

Um TranslatorTom how about in English are any of these games in English? Or playable even though some of us don't speak or read Japanese?

Don't feel bad TC we could of put Niche titles like...
Nights
REZ/Child of Eden
ICO
and Etc.

KiddDante posted...
I do love fighters but I said I was joking since there is an abundance of fighting games out for the Vita. Which is funny since there were so many psp fighters as well, people just love kicking ass on the go.

No, No I LOVE Fighters that's the main reason why I LOVE the PsP, Hell a Fighting game could come out for Vita every month and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

I Agree with your original post 100%, its just that I agree with TC Vita lacks gaming variety, Fighters and RPGs are great but, Vita lacks in other genres too.

I am also excited for Flowers and Destiny of Souls.
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN(Ps Vita) ID: JinZer069
#9AjidoMarujidoPosted 7/14/2013 7:32:22 PM(edited)
KiddDante posted...

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, BlazBlue, Street Fighter x Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive 5, and All-Stars Battle Royale aren't enough? Not to mention that a DBZ game is coming as well.

EDIT: Noticed you were joking, nvm... >.>

I agree with the TC... RPGs are what is lacking the most that people actually want. The two Vita Tales games coming to the US would be glorious, not to mention a localization of Type-0, even if it's just the PSP game put up on PSN. A couple of new (outside of Japan) JRPGs would do wonders.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- The Last of Us (PS3)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#10bassyuraPosted 7/14/2013 7:36:04 PM
I would like to see a TCG on the vita that takes advantage of AR. like that one TCG on the PS3 that was released (or not released, I can't remember the name)

Still it wouldn't push untis, but it sure would be innovative.
---
This hand of mine is coursing with the Power of Magnetism! It tells me to crush Capitalism!
Here I go, GADGETO FINGAH!!!