Genre of Games Vita lacks What series would you bring to vita?

#21TranslatorTomPosted 7/15/2013 3:44:32 AM
darkblade1112 posted...
Need mech games. Zone of Enders and Armored Core. Also want more 2D platformers, would love a new Prinny game and an older style Castlevania game, maybe Sonic too.

For mechs, it has the Gundam Battle Seed game in Japan.

As for 2D platforming, there's Rayman.
---
-Tom
#22Bs-KILLPosted 7/15/2013 4:38:30 AM
Survival Horror
A Real Silent hill(They could bring the HD port if they want to but.. without the glitches)
Resident evil(I "almost" own the games for every console that I had.. except for vita.. I need this on vita :'( )
Dead Space
Fatal Frame
Siren
Dino Crisis(If you count this as survival horror)
Alone in the dark
Clock tower

Action Adventure
MGS(exclusive pls..)
MGR(another HnS for raiden pls)
Onimusha
DMC

Mech games such as armored core..
& more fighting games..(hope they bring BB chrono phantasma/Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- or TTT2)
---
30 billion dollars in cash.
#23BahamutBBobPosted 7/15/2013 5:37:42 AM
xenoleingod posted...
a heavy rain like game

Shenmue 1 and 2!

Do it Sega!
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#24xenoleingod(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 5:31:16 PM
BahamutBBob posted...
xenoleingod posted...
a heavy rain like game

Shenmue 1 and 2!

Do it Sega!

i would buy an hd collection in a second
---
Currently playing soul sacrifice persona 4 golden fire emblem awakening muramasa rebirth
Psn= xenoleingod
#25mariodanipPosted 7/23/2013 10:38:17 PM
PS Vita should have new MONSTER HUNTER series
#26bearinbluehousePosted 7/26/2013 1:54:08 AM(edited)
I'll probably get some stick for this but...FPS...

Yeah, I know they are a dime a dozen these days, but I still very much enjoy the good ones - and the Vita is the first portable device that can really do them justice. I fully expected there to be tonnes of fps options by (way before) this point, although I'm looking forward to Killzone: Mercenary.

Some games I'd love to see (not all fps):
Battlefield
Star Wars Battlefront
NHL
Skate
Shadow of the Colossus/ICO HD
Journey

Probably others, but that's off the top of my head.

EDIT: I'd also like to see certain smartphone/tablet titles like the recent XCOM: Enemy Unknown port as well as some of the fps titles like the NOVA series - which offer a better fps single/multiplayer suite than anything currently available on the system.

And hurry up with the Frozen Synapse title as well!
---
Is that fear in your voice, Barbara?
#27djmaster1994Posted 7/26/2013 3:54:23 AM
Xeno series belongs on Nintendo now.
Xenosaga 1&2 are on DS.

Namco is not allowed to develop on other platform with Nintendo owning Monolith Soft hench Project X Zone exclusive.
---
A Proud Member of the N-Dub Nation!!
#28BerlingerTPosted 7/26/2013 4:02:48 AM
Well the first thing I would do is add more JRPGs to the Vitas library. We have a good few, but the PSP's mass library of RPGs is part of what made it so appealing. Bring over some Final Fantasy games, even if they're ports. We've got FFX/X-2 coming, so have Square maybe add ports of Dimensions, the mobile version of V (in the form of a Vita title, not PSM)possibly Theatrhythm if they could make it have button control instead of touch. Also, Kingdom Hearts. Perhaps Birth by Sleep Vol. 2 as BBSFM's secret ending hinted at?

The only thing that troubles me about Kingdom Hearts on the Vita is Disney. We know that BBS wasn't put on PSN initially because of some dispute with Disney. Kingdom Hearts 3D also did not get a digital release and, since all Vita games were said to be required to be retail AND digital, could that be pushing the idea of a KH game on it away from Disney and Square?

Other RPG franchises that would be much appreciated to see coming that might attract some attention is localizing Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R, making a Vita port of Star Ocean 3 or 4, continue some of the franchise the PSP started. Mimana Iyar Chronicle (I know. It wasn't the best but it was ended with a clear bigger story/sequel in mind), Hexyz Force, Valkyrie Profile whether it be a port of 2 or a continuation of the storyline, a revised localized version of Valkyria Chronicles III, etc.

Other than JRPGs, make some more dedicated shooters would also help. There are some shooters on the system, but Resistance and Call of Duty BOD have received a lot of bad rep in the communities. We need at least a couple GOOD shooters that are implemented well overall. Killzone Mercenary is looking good so far, but we need more.

More HD Collections. The more I see HD Collections, the more it seems like a viable portable PS2. We have Metal Gear Solid and Jak, and we're getting Sly Cooper. But get some more of the HD Collections on the Vita, like Silent Hill, Tomb Raider, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, etc. Ports aren't what everyone wants, but being able to take games like Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3, Silent Hill 2, etc. on the go will attract many people.

Another would be a Fallout/Elder Scroll-level Western RPG or two or three. They had originally played with the idea of making Oblivion for the PSP. They could do so with the Vita. Port Oblivion or Fallout New Vegas, or make a completely new entry in one or both of those series on the Vita. Those games are popular and lots of addictive fun.

More First Party Titles. There are some PS Brand names that are conspicuously missing from the Vita. A big name that I think would help is GRAN TURISMO. The PSP game was hated by many, but was still a very good racing simulator game. Make a GT that can tie in and communicate with GT6 in some way. Just throw in more upgrades and a career mode and GT fans would be extremely happy
---
PSN (PS3/Vita): L2K7
Now Playing: Tales of Graces F (PS3)
#29ZuxtronPosted 7/26/2013 7:10:56 AM
More first-person shooters. We have two awful FPSs released, and just one good-looking one coming up. More shooters would attract more CoD kids, which would mean a large sales boost.

If they could port Timesplitters, I would orgasm.
---
Saying that Guitar Hero/Rock Band is for noobs who can't play real instruments is like saying Minesweeper is for noobs who can't go to a real minefield.
#30DirtyHarry11Posted 7/26/2013 3:03:56 PM
aqua77 posted...
I would honestly love to see some more of sony's classic franchises on vita especially platformers. It would be awesome to see a new jak and faster, rachet, even a crash bandicoot. I feel the vita just needs more games that are instantly recognizable to reach the masses. Sly 4 and uncharted were a good start but we need more.

Pretty much this. PS2 is my favorite system ever (with PS1 runner up), so any of spinoffs/sequels/prequels to popular PS1/PS2 games would get my vote. Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Medievil, etc etc. Honestly if Sony just advertised the Vita as a portable PS2 and ported many PS2 classics in HD, I would prefer it to the current selection of games for the system. I think the Vita would have overall been more successful so far as well, since I would guess that developing PS2-level games at this point in time are much easier and cost-effective to do as opposed to developing PS3-level games.