Media Create Week 28. A lot of truth is said in jest.

#61Sailor GoonPosted 7/17/2013 10:34:06 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Sailor Goon posted...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

Wow... >_<

Sorry Goon. That was a ridiculous moderation. :-(

Try contesting it.

What would be the point? So they can just blindly hit the Upheld button? Kind of obvious I broke no tos and simply made someone butthurt.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#62NnamzPosted 7/17/2013 10:34:29 PM
kjhovey posted...
Nnamz posted...

(please don't tell me you're trying to count DLC as a separate game)

Who cares? Wouldn't have made a difference if it was, clearly.

That made zero sense. The whole point was that if it wasn't a DLC and if it was, in fact, a big first party game, then you would have seen better numbers. That's true, it clearly would have made a difference.

My argument wasn't what it would have done if it was a big first party game. If it was a different game of course it would have done more.

My comment was with regards to the selling power of the NSMB's games. NSMB for WiiU was a "big first party game" and it didn't light the world on fire. Even if the Luigi DLC (which BTW is as full featured as a game gets really) was a full game it wouldn't have done anything.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 4527 - 7250 - 9769 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#63kjhoveyPosted 7/17/2013 10:45:18 PM
Nnamz posted...
kjhovey posted...
Nnamz posted...

(please don't tell me you're trying to count DLC as a separate game)

Who cares? Wouldn't have made a difference if it was, clearly.

That made zero sense. The whole point was that if it wasn't a DLC and if it was, in fact, a big first party game, then you would have seen better numbers. That's true, it clearly would have made a difference.

My argument wasn't what it would have done if it was a big first party game. If it was a different game of course it would have done more.

My comment was with regards to the selling power of the NSMB's games. NSMB for WiiU was a "big first party game" and it didn't light the world on fire. Even if the Luigi DLC (which BTW is as full featured as a game gets really) was a full game it wouldn't have done anything.

But your earlier comment was about how two first party games and a new color only pushed out 22k. Just seems a little exaggerated. The Luigi game isn't going to sell systems because anyone that would buy a Wii U for that would have already done so for NSMBU.
---
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey Nintendo Network ID= kjhovey
#64NnamzPosted 7/17/2013 10:50:11 PM
kjhovey posted...
But your earlier comment was about how two first party games and a new color only pushed out 22k. Just seems a little exaggerated. The Luigi game isn't going to sell systems because anyone that would buy a Wii U for that would have already done so for NSMBU.

Yeah that's true. I guess seeing actual software chart for the Wii-U made me acknowledge it as a game. Also something to note is that the game was available (and pushed) digitally, which is not recorded here.

But anyway, again, who cares? Even if it's 1 game, a brand new Wii-U exclusive, along with a new color (and bundle? I think?) as well as a huge marketing push rose sales by what? 14k? With no price cut there will be no momentum here, which was the entire point of my post. I don't think that can be viably refuted.
---
#65HeavyLightPosted 7/17/2013 11:20:34 PM
why mod a post like "xbox isn't selling in japan", it's a staple from 2001, lol
---
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789
#66CompassPosted 7/17/2013 11:21:44 PM
Nnamz posted...
But anyway, again, who cares?

You.
#67NnamzPosted 7/17/2013 11:26:21 PM
Compass posted...
Nnamz posted...

You.

I really don't, as evidence by the fact that I didn't even address it's DLC status in my post. Does regarding that game as DLC and not a full title make this any less of a disappointing bump for Wii-U?
---
#68mike_411Posted 7/17/2013 11:43:51 PM
Nnamz posted...
Compass posted...
Nnamz posted...

You.

I really don't, as evidence by the fact that I didn't even address it's DLC status in my post. Does regarding that game as DLC and not a full title make this any less of a disappointing bump for Wii-U?

Don't be too hard on him, it was the best he could do.

You've stated what I've been saying all along. It's a sure thing that Smash and Mario kart will sky rocket sales for the WiiU (when they come out) but Nintendo is taking too long to get them out. Do they expect retailers and consumers to just sit there and wait? Third party devs are already unhappy with the sales (dueto the small Install base) and you're slowly seeing devs take exlusivity off WiiU games. Heck some are even canceling sequels becbecause they don't see profit in the system.

The WiiU as it is now is slowly but surely following the same path as the Vita is and the longer Nintendo takes to pull the WiiU out of it's rut the harder it'll be for the system to recover.
---
Zombie outbreak?
Perfect time to....START A GARDEN!
#69NnamzPosted 7/17/2013 11:55:55 PM
mike_411 posted...
Nnamz posted...
Compass posted...
Nnamz posted...

You.

Don't be too hard on him, it was the best he could do.

You've stated what I've been saying all along. It's a sure thing that Smash and Mario kart will sky rocket sales for the WiiU (when they come out) but Nintendo is taking too long to get them out. Do they expect retailers and consumers to just sit there and wait? Third party devs are already unhappy with the sales (dueto the small Install base) and you're slowly seeing devs take exlusivity off WiiU games. Heck some are even canceling sequels becbecause they don't see profit in the system.

The WiiU as it is now is slowly but surely following the same path as the Vita is and the longer Nintendo takes to pull the WiiU out of it's rut the harder it'll be for the system to recover.

Nintendo has shown with the 3DS that they'll do what it takes to save a platform. Now that they know the price of their competitors I really feel a price cut and another marketing push are on the way. Buying more exclusives prior to PS4 launch would have also been a good idea.

Either way, I wouldn't worry THAT much about PS4. It's clearly a western oriented device. Nintendo's worst enemy with regards to the Wii-U right now is Nintendo. Waiting this long for an HD exclusive Zelda, a 3D Mario, or Smash bros was a mistake, and launching a system which is essentially belonging to the current gen weight class (digital foundry said it, blame them) at that much of a higher price point was also a mistake.

I fully expect this generation of consoles to be an even more massive crash than last gen in Japan.
---
#70Laevant(Moderator)Posted 7/18/2013 1:45:02 AM(edited)
I'm going to make a quick post here to explain the situation with these topics. Please excuse any odd typos that pop up; it's 9:25am and I'm about as half-asleep as you can get without actually being asleep.

Firstly, locked topics. This happens because, in this case, Kitt's Media Create topics go from "Oh, cool, the Vita got an increase!" and such all the way down to "omg lol go away stupid troll". Not just one such post, but pages of them. When reasonable discussion has completely vanished from a topic, it gets locked. I've seen some of you ask why trolls don't get modded, and that's a complicated issue. One factor is that the rules were relaxed a couple of years back, so we aren't going to delete people's posts just because they say the Vita is rubbish or the Wii U is dead. The second issue is that very few of these posts are actually marked. Rather than engaging the trolls, mark them and use the info section to explain what's going on. If Troll A makes very infrequent troll-like posts, it's not a huge deal, but explaining that Troll B behaves like that regularly will go a long way.

Furthermore, please refrain from remaking locked topics en masse. Topics are locked for a reason, and reposting them comes under disruptive posting. At the very least, leave it to Kitt to do it (I would PM a moderator first, however). If you all start jumping on that bandwagon, numerous identical topics pop up, and that's when moderations happen. I understand that this is frustrating, but the topics will continue to be locked as long as everyone keeps "feeding the trolls". When relaxing the rules a few years back, one of the admin's points was that it's better to ignore people rather than mark them for minor things, and this is true. You have the ignore function and the inherent human ability to not respond to someone -- please use them.

Lastly, flaming the moderator staff is, regardless of circumstance, not tolerated. I'm going to repeat for about the fifth time now that Xboxlover2 is not responsible for these moderations, and acting like he's lurking on these boards to persecute you all is just asinine and frankly quite hilarious. Whether it's Xbox or the staff in general, continuing to make posts that insult us for upholding the rules is not going to fly. Yes, there are instances in which we make mistakes, but the recent handling of the Vita board is not one of them.

I hope that clarifies things for you all. If you have further questions, feel free to PM me. I won't lock this topic as the discussion seems relatively sensible. If it stays like this every week, the topics won't get locked. Magic, innit? :D
---
[Formerly Envirasu] [<3 MGO] [Cool Cats > all]