Mind = 0, 12 min. Gameplay

#11OtakuGameraPosted 7/21/2013 5:38:43 PM
other than the Graphics, Art style, Animation and sound effects, it actually looks pretty good.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/66080697
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#12Chaos_MissilePosted 7/21/2013 9:33:11 PM
Zechs23 posted...
Looks alright.
Disappointed that it wasn't completely 3rd person in combat but
they did have some animations when attacking and using spells atleast.

>First-Person RPGs

*general comments*
SUCKS! Why first-person, not 3rd person.

>First-Person Shooters

*general comments*
OMG, BEST GRAPHICS EVAR!!!!1111

*sigh* Why is the above so common? When an RPG is first-person, the general public derides and complains about it. But this doesnt seem to apply to first-person shooters where the only things you can see are a pair of disembodied hands, maybe feet and a gun.

On topic, animation and sound-quality are kinda subpar imo. Sol Trigger and 7D2020 had better animation. The skills also seems to lack that certain impact.

I also just remembered about the "mind-break" feature seems to be very similar to that JJBA fighting game where you can get "Stand Break" or something.

The actual dungeon-crawling seems decent, with the map design being really something(one of the full map went one circle, which is unique to say the least.). Boss theme also seems to be interestingly catchy to a certain extent. The battle musics seems to take alot of queue from BB and GG, mainly a heavy dose of rock.

I also like that, unlike Persona, both the characters and the Minds seem to be separate entities altogether, though obviously sharing stats(?) and turn order. What this means is that you essentially have 6 characters in a party: humans + Mind. You can use the Mind to attack and take damage in your stead by form of MP, or you can use the human to attack and take damage to HP, or you can have a combination attack of both human and Mind. Then again....refer to that JJBA fghting game I mentioned earlier.

Speaking of Persona, I'm actually quite amused at all this "OMG, Persona copy" complaints by people yet another game did something similar yet I've yet to hear any complaints of it being a "Persona-copy". Said game in question? Mana Khemia.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#13j2zon2591(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2013 9:41:00 PM
Comparing a well rendered 3d environment and higher detail models that are interactive in real time in 1st person to most 1st person rpgs with twitching sprites or low poly models with unimpressive shaders.. yeah..

Sol Trigger looks great tho. Too bad that ain't localized.
#14SpotlessedenPosted 7/21/2013 10:00:59 PM
BlueGaryOak posted...
Yeah, I'm not paying full price for this.

you can't buy it.
#15Zechs23Posted 7/21/2013 10:10:44 PM
Chaos_Missile posted...
Zechs23 posted...
Looks alright.
Disappointed that it wasn't completely 3rd person in combat but
they did have some animations when attacking and using spells atleast.

>First-Person RPGs

*general comments*
SUCKS! Why first-person, not 3rd person.

>First-Person Shooters

*general comments*
OMG, BEST GRAPHICS EVAR!!!!1111

*sigh* Why is the above so common? When an RPG is first-person, the general public derides and complains about it. But this doesnt seem to apply to first-person shooters where the only things you can see are a pair of disembodied hands, maybe feet and a gun.

Hmm now I'm excited for a 1st person RPG where the graphics are on par with something like
Battlefield 4.
---
3DS FC: 0619-3034-0578
#16giantqtipzPosted 7/21/2013 10:13:03 PM
Cant wait for battlefield 4 as well
#17talesfan215Posted 7/21/2013 10:46:26 PM(edited)
If this game gets localized, I think either X-seed or Aksys will bring it over. Don't know what Atlus's situation is now, not sure if they can publish games freely like before or not. To me, Aksys seems the most probable, given they're still releasing PSP games in the US.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/640606-sweet-fuse-at-your-side/data

Nis could probably pick it up as well.
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.
#18MwarriorHieiPosted 7/22/2013 1:14:51 AM
looks great. hope it gets localized.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fvUkkgN.gif
#19BansheeNTDmodePosted 7/22/2013 2:01:42 AM
Nope not getting localized im calling it.
Unless games have a giant fan base like atlus with its smt persona series for example, small game companies tend to keep it japan only.
It costs a lot of money to localize, translations and advertising. Unless a big company like xseed publishes it, you guys will never get to even see it here in the states.

Im wrong if pigs fly or all the super robot wars games get localized which is never..
#20RjmhartPosted 7/22/2013 2:29:51 AM
talesfan215 posted...
If this game gets localized, I think either X-seed or Aksys will bring it over. Don't know what Atlus's situation is now, not sure if they can publish games freely like before or not. To me, Aksys seems the most probable, given they're still releasing PSP games in the US.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/640606-sweet-fuse-at-your-side/data

Nis could probably pick it up as well.

The rumor yesterday was Apple might buy Atlus. If that happens, all Atlus games will be on iOS. Wonderful.
---
Psn: big_bob002