Will we ever be able to play ps2 games on vita (including remote play)?

#1superbuu3Posted 7/22/2013 9:22:52 AM
I don't know if we've heard anything on this so i'm curious.

Is there anyway that PS2 games would work on the Vita. What about if digital library games are on PS4 will we be able to remote play on vita.

I just want to play shinobi PS2 on something like vita, would be a great game to have on the go.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).
#2RjmhartPosted 7/22/2013 9:33:45 AM
The best possibility is Gaikai, but we really don't know what to expect. Gaikai is a company that specializes in streaming games, and Sony bought them out. It was talked about at E3, and I believe it is coming to PS4 and Vita.

What I am hoping for is you pay a monthly fee, and it allows you to log in to the Gaikai servers, pick any game in the playstation library, and stream that game to your Vita over the internet. Unfortunately, there are a lot of variables and Sony has been very tight lipped on what to expect.

Maybe you need to stream it to a ps4, and the ps4 Remote Plays it out to the Vita?

Can't wait for more info though.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#3superbuu3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 6:44:08 AM
Rjmhart posted...
The best possibility is Gaikai, but we really don't know what to expect. Gaikai is a company that specializes in streaming games, and Sony bought them out. It was talked about at E3, and I believe it is coming to PS4 and Vita.

What I am hoping for is you pay a monthly fee, and it allows you to log in to the Gaikai servers, pick any game in the playstation library, and stream that game to your Vita over the internet. Unfortunately, there are a lot of variables and Sony has been very tight lipped on what to expect.

Maybe you need to stream it to a ps4, and the ps4 Remote Plays it out to the Vita?

Can't wait for more info though.

Thanks appreciate the answer, hopefully streaming works well and is stable.
---
razielsdomain.forumotion.net
A chilled out forum where basically anything goes. (Members have greater access and no ads).