What is the one game that will drive Vita sales?

#1RjmhartPosted 7/22/2013 1:54:16 PM(edited)
Seems like a few topics come up on here every day about "the Vita needs such-and-such". Then we had that topic a week or so ago about Ken Levine tweeting about Bioshock Vita, and some people thought that wasn't a system seller. One person thinks a game will get non Vita owners to purchase a Vita while someone else says it won't help. If we had to come to a consensus as a group, what is the one game?

Only fair I go first, but I'm taking the easy one: Grand Theft Auto.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#2crawdadPosted 7/22/2013 2:00:11 PM
I feel like where nintendo had the same issue with the 3DS when it launched they did things like the price drop and the loyalty program (the 5 free NES and 5 Free GBAgames) for those that purchased at full price. And then said people they were sorry but they promised good stuff was on the way. And they were and the system exploded.

I feel like Sony needs to do something similar. They've left things too long and they're not making any apologies. They're not acknowledging there's an issue and they're making very empty promises. The system's been out for well over a year now and it's still feels like it's severely lacking in a lot of departments.

I think it's going to take a lot more than a killer app or The One game to get people to buy the system like crazy. Lets start with memory card pricedrop. It's insane what they're charging for that and it's ahuge turn off.

I have a lot of expendable income but I don;t see any value in what they're doing there, Every time i think of buying a new memory card I think about where else I could spend the exact same money and i realise why should I spend $50 plus for a system with games I don't want or already played on the consoles or psp.

Sony needs to make a damn good value statement or this thing is going to be very niche with little support. Like it is now.
---
i7 920| GTX 560ti 1280MB TwinFrozr III 448 Core OC| 15GBRAM | EAW650W | CorsairForce 90GB SSD | 2TB HDD
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#3SirFreshnessPosted 7/22/2013 2:02:06 PM
They should put gran turismo on there and it'll all be fine
---
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness"
PSN-SIrfreshness
#4vazurahanPosted 7/22/2013 2:08:16 PM
Let's assume the price is already dropped to $199 okay?

For me it's a legit Call of Duty.

Followed by announcements of

Borderlands
Bioshock
Mass Effect
etc.

The memory card prices need to be fixed too.
#5UltimacakePosted 7/22/2013 2:09:45 PM
CoD, GTA, Borderlands, Elder Scrolls, Bioshock, etc.
---
PSN: Xeedragon
#6yankee6903Posted 7/22/2013 2:10:31 PM
vazurahan posted...
Let's assume the price is already dropped to $199 okay?

For me it's a legit Call of Duty.

Followed by announcements of

Borderlands
Bioshock
Mass Effect
etc.

The memory card prices need to be fixed too.

While i dont necesarily agree with the games you mentioned, I do agree it will take more than one game to fix. Add ads to this list.
#7vazurahanPosted 7/22/2013 2:22:26 PM
I forgot to mention Battlefield
#82nd_strikerPosted 7/22/2013 2:24:44 PM
If sony arent putting their big hitters on the system why would anyone else... Absolutely mind boggling
---
"SS7 is still putting 40+ goals in per season even if he does pretend that a tap in was a bicycle kick every now and then"
#9vazurahanPosted 7/22/2013 2:27:40 PM
2nd_striker posted...
If sony arent putting their big hitters on the system why would anyone else... Absolutely mind boggling

Which ones? We have Uncharted and Killzone, what else?
#10xenoleingodPosted 7/22/2013 2:28:44 PM
Vita needs a good infamous game I wouldn't even mind having access to festival of blood on the go
---
Currently playing soul sacrifice persona 4 golden fire emblem awakening muramasa rebirth
Psn= xenoleingod