Socom HD Collection on Vita. GET ON IT SONY

#1XT3M3Posted 7/23/2013 10:51:38 AM
Socom 1
Socom 2
Socom 3/CA

with working online.

this would definitely be a system seller (hell just for socom 2 alone this would sell vitas like hot cakes)

what do you guys think about this?
---
YT|Ownal0t GT| oZdReaZiii WrSx
Teams/Division standings|Nets: OFF |Yankees 27-16 1st place|Giants OFF|Islanders: OFF
#2XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 10:52:57 AM
The FTB series can be added too
---
Teams/Division standings|Nets: OFF |Yankees 27-16 1st place|Giants OFF|Islanders: OFF
#3sanji_samaPosted 7/23/2013 11:08:53 AM
No one buys systems for HD collections, especially not for outdated shooters in a saturated market.
SOCOM 4 failure makes me believe that the series doesn't really have enough brand loyalty going on for it.
#4XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 11:17:38 AM
sanji_sama posted...
No one buys systems for HD collections, especially not for outdated shooters in a saturated market.
SOCOM 4 failure makes me believe that the series doesn't really have enough brand loyalty going on for it.

im guessing you havent played the ps2 socoms.

Make Socom 2 get released on the vita and you be shocked with how many people would pick it up to play

socom fans loved socom 2 and considered that the peak of the series. the fans never stopped supporting socom. sony screwed the fans.

example

socom 2 8-10 years later is still considered a GOAT game among fans
Socom 3/CA are well liked for what they added but people still liked socom 2

*Moves on to the PS3*
Socom confrontation was a new company and when the game first came out it was BAD. glitches everywhere and the game was just about unplayble. IIRC they took too long to get it right and at the end of the day whe nthey fixed most of the issues it was too late

Socom 4 was zipper rallying the troops then crushing EVERY SOCOM FAN dream with that DISGRACE of a socom game.

for the longest while on the sony/socom boards people have been begging for an S2 remake. while the last 2 socoms flopped, people have been on their ps2s playing socom 2/3/ca to get that socom feeling again. at least till Sony shut down the servers <_<

IF you bring back the games WE LOVED the fans will come back.
---
#5ucdplayaPosted 7/23/2013 11:23:25 AM
More Vita games; less ps1, ps2, psp, HD ports. GET ON IT SONY

fixed.
#6XT3M3(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 11:43:11 AM(edited)
ucdplaya posted...

fixed.

That would be nice too but since sony just wana dump ports on us why not give us socom
---
#7ucdplayaPosted 7/23/2013 11:36:09 AM
XT3M3 posted...
ucdplaya posted...

fixed.

That would be nice too but since socom just wana dump ports on us why not give us socom

Who buys a $250 system to play old games? Only GFAQ users.
#8stawg007Posted 7/23/2013 11:47:46 AM
I'l take a dark cloud hd collection instead thanks
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#9sanji_samaPosted 7/23/2013 12:08:38 PM
XT3M3 posted...
sanji_sama posted...

im guessing you haven't played the ps2 socoms......

You are right, only played a PSP one.
I am not doubting that there are hardcore fans of the first games...but..it's been too long and the brand can best be described as long forgotten among the common gamer and the damage that have been done doesn't really help it. I am doubting its ability to move any amount of noticeable sales since it's not named COD nor BF...heck even those wouldn't help the Vita since the concept of playing shooters on handhelds still seems foreign to people with no game ever being able to set a precedent by breaking into the market.
#10vazurahanPosted 7/23/2013 12:14:32 PM
ucdplaya posted...
XT3M3 posted...
ucdplaya posted...

fixed.

That would be nice too but since socom just wana dump ports on us why not give us socom

Who buys a $250 system to play old games? Only GFAQ users.

People who complain the PS4 can't play PS3 games.