Digital copy or physical copy for PS Vita?

#1chidori091292xuPosted 7/23/2013 2:17:54 PM
I going to buy a PS Vita soon, and I come up with 2 different path for buying games(for my self), Can someone tell me which one is better, digital copy(PSN) or physical copy for PS Vita? Just so you know I rarely sell my games(3 out of 20).

Digital copy PROs
1. All the games are in the memory sticks, no need to change the game card.
2. Can re-download the game if it got deleted or corrupted.
3. No need to pay taxes on PSN.

Digital copy CONs
1. Price on memory stick.

Physical copy PROs
1. Can be sold.
2. No need for big memory stick.

Physical copy CONs
1. Taxes.
2. If it's damaged(not playable), it's gone.
3. Need game card to play games.

I did some calculations on these 2 path. The digital copy would spend about $40 more by the time both side got about 10 games(32GB memory stick and store up to approximately 10 to 14 games)Over all, I like the digital copy for PS Vita, but I want to hear more opinion about this. Can someone please help me.
#2BerlingerTPosted 7/23/2013 2:21:07 PM
Digital is very, very convenient. I love the digital aspect of buying games on my tablet and PSP Go. But the memory cards for Vita need to be larger. 32 GB is plenty for a good few games, but not near enough if you want a lot on it at once, especially if you want it to be for DLC, Vita Games, PSP Games, and PS1 Games.
---
Playing: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (iOS), Tales of Graces F (PS3)
#3cheezedadadaPosted 7/23/2013 2:22:06 PM
I am a digital man myself...love the convenience.
---
beep beep boop flop.-ShadowfxdBOT
PSN - cheezedadadada: my name here + another 'da"..XBL is same as here..no extra 'da'
#4stalemate_666Posted 7/23/2013 2:28:19 PM
Even if you went physical only where possible it'd be a matter of time before you needed a bigger card I think but I don't think digital only is a good idea either.

I think it should be on a game by game basis, like if it's a game you want to always have on your system get it digital, where if it's a game you might want to sell after finishing get it physical, also the size of the game should factor in to, smaller games get digitally bigger ones physically.

Besides the best deal is ps+ and those games are all digital anyways so yeah.

So my advice get ps+ biggest memory card and any games you actually buy do it on a game by game basis rather then just pick one.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#5ZamnatoPosted 7/23/2013 2:31:53 PM
If it's possible, buy all the physical copy, you can sell it if don't like it.
#6staticxtreme5Posted 7/23/2013 2:45:39 PM
I'm all digital and I don't regret it. Think about it this way. You'll probably end up needing a big memory card eventually anyways since a lot of games are digital only and that trend will only continue. Not to mention all the PSP and PS1 classics which would have to be purchased digitally. Then add in all the games you get from PS+ or PSN sales. Once you consider all that, I feel the memory card price is irrelevant when deciding between digital and physical.

I do plan on buying one physical game at some point just so I can carry the maximum amount of games at one time. Probably pick a game I know I'll never want to remove from my Vita and with a big install size. I probably should have bought P4G for that, but alas I went digital with it. I may do Killzone depending on how good it is / how big the file size is.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#7chidori091292xu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 2:46:17 PM
Thanks a lot. By the way, Zamnato, I only buy games that I'm almost certain that I will like, and I only sell games when something(of the same series or game) better comes out, or the game is beyond crap. For example, I would sell Battlefield 3, and buy Battlefield premium edition since it has all the DLC and other extra contents. I sold Naruto storm 3 because Naruto storm 3 Full burst is coming out, and Hyperdimension Neptunia because I just don't get the gameplay or story.
#813_TanksPosted 7/23/2013 3:24:18 PM
If I had a better internet connection I would be all digital. But until then I'm stuck buying physical.
---
Check out what I'm playing this week at:
http://www.gamesmelter.com/what-im-playing-this-week-6/
#9YuniuninuniunPosted 7/23/2013 3:30:53 PM
The only reason I buy physical is so I can have the boxes, they look nice in my room.
I prefer the convenience of digital though. So if I don't see the game I want in the store I have no issues buying it digital.
---
Playing: RaiderZ, SMT IV, Virtue's Last Reward, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
3DS FC: 0259-1323-3296
#10Infernus93Posted 7/23/2013 3:39:46 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
Even if you went physical only where possible it'd be a matter of time before you needed a bigger card I think but I don't think digital only is a good idea either.

I think it should be on a game by game basis, like if it's a game you want to always have on your system get it digital, where if it's a game you might want to sell after finishing get it physical, also the size of the game should factor in to, smaller games get digitally bigger ones physically.

Besides the best deal is ps+ and those games are all digital anyways so yeah.

So my advice get ps+ biggest memory card and any games you actually buy do it on a game by game basis rather then just pick one.

This is a good way to approach it.

If you get a Vita, I think it's unlikely that you'll never find yourself wanting a digital game. Some are only available that way, and sometimes they're a way better deal. My point here is that you'll probably find yourself buying a bigger memory card eventually.

I like to mix it up. Admittedly, most of my Vita games are digital because of PS+, but if I see a physical copy of a game I'm after for the right price, I'll grab it and save memory card space.
---
I like Monster Rancher.