New Vita owner. The Vita is one sleek looking handheld :)

#1QuestofChosenPosted 7/23/2013 5:19:30 PM
I was surprised by how small and light the Vita is. My 3DS XL feels a lot heavier and is bulkier. I love the Vita's screen and only the part I dislike are the small buttons.

I picked up:

Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice
2x 20 PSN card with 3 month playstation plus from Bestbuy

I can't wait to download the 4 PS Vita playstation plus games :D
#2GameNextPosted 7/23/2013 5:20:20 PM
Hear hear!
Welcome!
---
PSN: michael903
#3j2zon2591Posted 7/23/2013 5:27:12 PM
QuestofChosen posted...
I was surprised by how small and light the Vita is. My 3DS XL feels a lot heavier and is bulkier. I love the Vita's screen and only the part I dislike are the small buttons.

I picked up:

Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice

Are the VITA buttons really smaller than the 3DS or XL's?
#413_TanksPosted 7/23/2013 5:29:54 PM
Those two are great games to start with. The PS+ free games are also a great starting library that should keep you busy for awhile. I recommend saving up for a year of PS+ though. # months will be over before you know it lol. From the instant game collection, definitely download Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout 2048. They are about 2 GB each though.
---
Check out what I'm playing this week at:
http://www.gamesmelter.com/what-im-playing-this-week-6/
#5QuestofChosen(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 5:35:19 PM
j2zon2591 posted...
QuestofChosen posted...

I picked up:

Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice

Are the VITA buttons really smaller than the 3DS or XL's?

The feel a lot smaller and they look a bit smaller.
#6shotgunheadshotPosted 7/23/2013 6:18:06 PM(edited)
The vita looks great but my only gripe is the smallish analog sticks. They should be bigger IMO. Even if they currently sell rubber analog covers for the sticks,I wouldn't buy them because the sticks should have been bigger anyway.
#7OximofoPosted 7/23/2013 6:44:03 PM
shotgunheadshot posted...
The vita looks great but my only gripe is the smallish analog sticks. They should be bigger IMO. Even if they currently sell rubber analog covers for the sticks,I wouldn't buy them because the sticks should have been bigger anyway.

You can buy new caps from hori for a few bucks.
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#8DirtyHarry11Posted 7/23/2013 7:02:35 PM
QuestofChosen posted...

I picked up:

Persona 4 Golden
Soul Sacrifice

I thought I was crazy for thinking this! I have an XL and have played a Vita at a local store a few times, and the first time I picked it up the Vita I was seriously wondering how it's so light, to the point where I was wondering if this demo unit didn't have a battery in it. It's substantially lighter than the XL and dare I say, more comfortable to hold and play on. And yes, I have noticed that the buttons on the Vita are smaller than the XL too, but to me it was nothing that would affect game play.

Congrats on the purchase, I'm holding out for more games that appeal to me personally before I pick one up, but can't wait. It really is a great piece of hardware.
#9gamezero6Posted 7/24/2013 10:17:09 AM
Congratulations TC!!!

Also how big is your memory card?
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN(Ps Vita) ID: JinZer069