Vita Games Delete Themselves after PS3 to Vita transfer?

#1BerlingerTPosted 7/28/2013 8:23:43 AM(edited)
I have always been curious as to why this happens. I downloaded a couple Vita games and transferred them this weekend. Atelier Totori Plus and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Anyways, I transferred them to my Vita, along with some PS1 and PSP games. When I did so, I got a notice and the Vita games were deleted from the PS3 when I did the transfer.

Now, I know that PSP games do not delete when they transfer, nor do PS1 Classics. Was it ever explained why VIta games auto delete after a transfer? I mean, it takes long enough to get them to download to the PS3, in the first place.
---
PSN (PS3/Vita): L2K7
Now Playing: PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (Vita), Tales of Graces F (PS3)
#2MattthehumanPosted 7/28/2013 3:33:00 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but it always warns you before you transfer something that it will delete on your PS3 after the transfer has finished.
#3kingofall214Posted 7/28/2013 4:08:51 PM
The bubble is a install file. When you install the vita game onto your vita it essentially becomes a different file. Think of it like a 7zip file. Once you extract it it becomes whatever you downloaded AVI MP3 ect and you no longer need the 7zip version.

The reason why psp and ps1 files stay is because you can also install that file on a PSP or with ps1 classics on your ps3.

I know this because if you download a psp game and put it on a PSP it becomes an eboot file. When you put it on a vita it becomes a game.psvimg file. You can see this yourself when you backup the games onto a PC.

I am aware of this because I wanted to put a backup PSP game that I installed on my vita onto my PSP. You can't do it.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214