When does MGS3 get good ?

#21Sami1000Posted 7/30/2013 1:47:05 PM
What?! It blew my mind immediately when i started to play it. Of course it might not be that good on Vita due inferior controls and small screen.
#22elbarto1Posted 7/30/2013 2:02:07 PM
Once you reach the base that your contact is at toward the end of the virtuous mission the game/story picks up.

You're still at the very beginning iirc.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#23RjmhartPosted 7/30/2013 2:16:46 PM
I agree that you are too early. I usually try a game for at least 5 hours before deciding it's not for me. Half the time I go on to finish the game anyway.

I find the best part of the MGS games to be the boss fights. The ending of 3 is what puts it over the top.

Hopefully if you stick with it you will start to find it enjoyable enough to at least finish it and see the ending.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#24suprsoliderPosted 7/30/2013 3:08:33 PM
pretty much this. mgs3 is generally regarded as the worst of the series. I would sell it, it doesn't get any better
--

The hell it is.

MGS3 is one of the best games ever made on this planet.

Go back to Call of Duty where it takes no brains to play that rubbish.
I don't see why that series sells as much as it does, all it does is run and gun, nothing more.
But then we do have shallow gamers these days so it doesn't surprise me.

Oh and I wasn't confused by MGS2 either. I hold that game in high regard as well. Out of all the Metal Gear games ever produced I hold view MGS4 as the worst and I have been playing Metal Gear since the VERY beginning, not like the johnny come lately that started with MGS on the PS1, I was there from the very beginning in the 8 bit days.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#25MotiJrPosted 7/30/2013 3:32:40 PM
Once the opening theme starts.

'What a thrill....'

This the generally considered the best MGS, usually tied with the first. If you don't like it now, you probably never will.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D
#26El_ZaggyPosted 7/30/2013 3:35:12 PM
Any MGS is good wgen you dont play it.
Its over-rated.
#27staticxtreme5Posted 7/30/2013 3:37:00 PM
The MGS formula does not work effectively in the jungle environment. This is why it's the worst.

Maybe Peace Walker is better, I can't comment on that as I haven't played it yet.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#28paramite12Posted 7/30/2013 5:33:25 PM
I definitely consider MGS3 to be one of the best, if not the best in the entire series...
The story picks up after you "rescue" sokolov
---
trolls, trolls everywhere
#29gamemaster712Posted 7/30/2013 6:45:20 PM
When you realize it's a game from a time which DLC and stuff haven't taken off yet...
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#30MHGALEPosted 7/30/2013 6:50:36 PM
The second it enters your VIta.
---
http://backloggery.com/KyleJR
Current CGoTY: The Last of Us. Current HGoTY: SMT IV