Chrono trigger on vita or DS?

#1Greek50Posted 8/3/2013 1:58:52 AM
I wanna chrono trigger and don't know if I should buy the download and play it on my vita or buy the DS version? Which is u think a better investment? Or better?wise to play
---
PS4 & XB1 (--- pre ordered! WF:BF4-PokemonXY
DeadRising3-Ryse-GTA5-WatchDogs-AC4-KillZone4
#2SeeifePosted 8/3/2013 2:00:07 AM
why do you ask that on the vita board? its obvious.
#3XphoenixedgeXPosted 8/3/2013 2:06:05 AM
The one on Vita is the PS1 version, which has slow loading times. The best version out of those two would be the DS version, it has everything the PSX version has minus the slow loading.
#4BlueBombei2Posted 8/3/2013 2:06:06 AM
The DS version is a lot better. Less slow down and if I remember correctly it has an extra dungeon and ending.
---
'We try to moderate out of necessity, not because someone wants to pretend that their feelings got destroyed." Baseman (Moderator)
#5DoramiPosted 8/3/2013 2:06:12 AM
The DS version.

The one available on the Vita is the PS1 classic version, which has horrific slowdowns.
---
"Why do ppl say Steam/PC has DRM? The only thing steam does is prevent piracy, and there's nothing wrong with that." - Oil_Rope_Bombs
#6singhellotakuPosted 8/3/2013 2:08:03 AM
the psn uses the ps1 versions of FF4 and Chrono Trigger from FF:Chronicles, which has obscenely long loading times due to being very early ps1 releases and poor ports, its cheaper, but i would definitely go for the DS version.
#7ServantOfErieosPosted 8/3/2013 2:21:20 AM
PS1 version has cutscenes.

Cutscenes >>>> useless buzz words like frame rate loading times, nonsense.

Get the vita version.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#8BlueBombei2Posted 8/3/2013 2:22:54 AM
ServantOfErieos posted...
PS1 version has cutscenes.

Cutscenes >>>> useless buzz words like frame rate loading times, nonsense.

Get the vita version.

DS version has Anime scenes as well as a new dungeon. Don't listen to this clown.

"Time's Eclipse is the final area of the Nintendo DS version of Chrono Trigger. Within it is the final boss of the game. To reach this area you must first unlock and complete the Dimensional Vortex dungeons, and then use a new Gate that appears at the End of Time."
---
'We try to moderate out of necessity, not because someone wants to pretend that their feelings got destroyed." Baseman (Moderator)
#9BlueBombei2Posted 8/3/2013 2:24:27 AM
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Chrono_Trigger/Version_differences#Time.27s_Eclipse

That outlines the difference between the versions. The DS version has more content.
---
#10sentoworfPosted 8/3/2013 2:27:05 AM
The DS version has the most content. Get that one.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif