The Vita only keeps getting better.

#1flame030191Posted 8/11/2013 11:39:45 PM
I bought a Vita for games. Let's keep that in mind.

I started off with games such as Assassin's Creed 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, NFS: Most Wanted, and PlayStation All Stars. All of these have brought lots of enjoyment to me.

However, I didn't want to play much of these on the road, making the portable portion useless. I recently got into Music Unlimited, and have decided to use my Vita more often than my PS3 or phone to have it going through a headset, yet save my phone battery.

Little did I know that on the Vita, you can download any song you want to play it offline as well as online. This will definitely give it a reason to be taken out of the house.

Felt like posting this as I never knew about it and I'm sure that there's probably others who didn't/don't know. For $40 a year (PS+ subscriber, it's usually about $60 I believe), Music Unlimited keeps getting better and has definitely made my Vita go from an excellent gaming system to an awesome media system.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#2j2zon2591Posted 8/11/2013 11:42:13 PM
Interesting. You're the first person I know who subbed that service.
#3flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 11:45:11 PM
j2zon2591 posted...

I did so because I find iHeartRadio and Pandora to be terrible.

I at first subbed to Xbox Music, but when I saw the deal that MU had, I tried the 1 month trial. After using it on my PS3 and phone (which the phone was a nice addition as Xbox Music requires a Windows Phone), I quickly discontinued my XBMusic Pass. More content, cheaper price, more availability, I've yet to see the downfall for MU when compared to XB Music.
---
#4LiquiDZerOPosted 8/11/2013 11:47:17 PM
j2zon2591 posted...

you don't know me, but i also subbed the service. it was half off for ps+ so i decided: why not? the interface could use a little more work. but it's a pretty solid music playing service.
---
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake
#5flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 12:09:46 AM
LiquiDZerO posted...
j2zon2591 posted...

you don't know me, but i also subbed the service. it was half off for ps+ so i decided: why not? the interface could use a little more work. but it's a pretty solid music playing service.

I like the PS3's better. The Vita's works, but the PS3 has more functionality (as a whole, it is easier to navigate) and is more attractive IMO.
---
#6sockesockePosted 8/12/2013 1:23:44 AM
flame030191 posted...

I started off with games such as Assassin's Creed 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, NFS: Most Wanted, and PlayStation All Stars. All of these have brought lots of enjoyment to me.

However, I didn't want to play much of these on the road, making the portable portion useless. I recently got into Music Unlimited, and have decided to use my Vita more often than my PS3 or phone to have it going through a headset, yet save my phone battery.

Little did I know that on the Vita, you can download any song you want to play it offline as well as online. This will definitely give it a reason to be taken out of the house.

Felt like posting this as I never knew about it and I'm sure that there's probably others who didn't/don't know. For $40 a year (PS+ subscriber, it's usually about $60 I believe), Music Unlimited keeps getting better and has definitely made my Vita go from an excellent gaming system to an awesome media system.

if you go to that music unlimited trial or the subscription on ps vita it tells you that you can listen to music while youre offline. everyone who takes the time to read through the description should know that.
anyway...are you happy with the service so far?
---
Tzuba12:Microsoft: Bringing gamers together ONE console at a time.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#7BossBangPosted 8/16/2013 12:50:49 PM
j2zon2591 posted...

I've used it too, it's actually pretty awesome, I loved it. The offline playback makes all the difference. And somehow, the format that the app uses the music is incredible efficient memory wise, it barely made a dent in my memory.

As far as the games go, I'm extremely happy with it so far.

Ultimate Marvel versus Capcom 3 wherever I want was a dream come true.

Throw in the incredible Wipeout, extremely fun All Stars, endless GEM that is Persona, remastered Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3. BLAZBLUE???

Even freaking Ninja Gaiden sigma, sigma 2 and Dead or Alive 5.

Soul Sacrifice, Dragons Crown and Gravity Rush?

Calm down man, I don't have enough time to finish the games I've already got!

Wait... Killzone in a few weeks? Well crap!

I just... don't understand how people can say there are no games.
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#8flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 12:55:30 PM
sockesocke posted...
flame030191 posted...

if you go to that music unlimited trial or the subscription on ps vita it tells you that you can listen to music while youre offline. everyone who takes the time to read through the description should know that.
anyway...are you happy with the service so far?

I didn't buy it on Vita, I bought it on PS3.

But yes, it's a very excellent service. I use it daily.
---
#9gamemaster712Posted 8/16/2013 2:09:54 PM
EDF makes all the difference... Portable mayhem in your hand!
---
Lord of gaming!!! (probably)
#10Starwars4JPosted 8/16/2013 3:13:59 PM
You lost me at CoD: BOD being enjoyable
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade